“Pulled pork pizza!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Pulled pork pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited the Cambridge house on a Friday night for dinner and some drinks. We have lived close by to this place for a few year la and I have never been. I read about it in a social Hartford advocate magazine issue on brews and burgers. So we decided to give it a try. They make their own beer so being the craft beer lover that I am you already know this place was a home run. I was a little disappointed in the selection although the facility isn't big enough to produce a variety of beers. We ordered the Gouda and sausage chowders I share...omg that was incredible. We also split a burger which was tasty but nothing outrageous. The item I was most impressed by was their pulled pork pizza. It was very very good. A flatbread style thin crust with chunks of pulled pork, tangy barbecue sauce and Parmesan cheese was a perfect combo. Te atmosphere is....blah, it's a local hang out where people drink play darts and listen to either live bands or music over the sound system. Nothing special. I highly recommend checking this place out. I had a Good time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great brew pub!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Common stop for my family. The beer selection is excellent with several of the CBH's own brews and variety of quality guest taps.
Very good burgers and appetizers, along with a pretty extensive menu. Your best bet is to stick with the pub food in my opinion (although we've never gotten a bad meal).
1st floor seating is very casual although it can be a little loud at times. 2nd floor seating is pretty bland but quieter. We like the first floor and its suitable for families.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Branford, Connecticut
“OK meal, good beer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went recently (9/12) with another couple for dinner. Entrees included 2 veggie burgers, a wrap, and the meatloaf. Service was good, though I found it surprising that there was no dessert menu, nor offers for coffee after the meal. Food was ok, reasonably priced for what we chose, and portions were adequate. Beer selection was limited, though, for a brew house, and I would have expected a separate beer menu rather than a table card with only 4 or so beers listed (with no prices). The atmosphere was more fitting a sports bar than anything else.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Granby, Connecticut
“Why did we wait so long to go?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We didn't know what we were missing. We already have plans to go back with friends. It's great for couples, families, get togethers, or just because you're hungry. I am a vegetarian and usually have to settle between one or two choices but there were so many choices that I actually had a hard time deciding. My husband had chicken with artichoke and tomatoes over pasta and he said it was excellent. I had pasta primavera and it was also very good and very fresh.

Visited September 2012
Granby, Connecticut
“Okay place for the food, not the beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Good burgers and pub fare.
As a brew pub, though, they lack something. Like good beer. Almost all their beers are IPAs, and have a very yeasty taste, like most American microbrews, alas.
The TV in the bar also tends to be on way too loud - there are sports pubs around that cater to that clientele. At a pub, you want to go to talk, which is near impossible the next room over when the bartender sees a favourite team.
The outdoor patio is nice, when it's open, and not filled with screaming kids. It's not a children's restaurant. (Hint: The word "pub" should give a clue)

• Visited May 2012