“pretty much like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
montreal
“pretty much like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Four times this year already, for business purposes. Nothing to complain about. Clean, spacious rooms, good wifi. The fitness room is not to par, however.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
robert_seguin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear you are one of our repeat guests - we appreciate your business! I should let you know that we are in the middle of an upgrade to our wireless infrastructure and service so in the not too distant future our wifi should be even stronger. I agree that our fitness center could use a facelift, and we are in the planning stages of a redesign of the room and will be purchasing all new Precor fitness equipment. I don't yet have a completion timeframe, but we are working on it! Thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brattleboro, VT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Really nice hotel. The manager went out of his way to accommodate our requests. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We'll definitely stay there again. Excellent experience!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
robert_seguin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for taking the time to post your review and share your experience. You paid us the best compliment possible when you said "We'll definately stay there again." Thanks so much and we'll see you down the road!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

My lifestyle doesn't afford me to frequent hotels but a recent wedding brought me to the Homewood Suites in Glastonbury. I was extremely impressed by the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I am not comfortable anywhere I sleep, however, this was the exception. In fact, it could not have been more comfortable! We were with a very large party and everyone felt the same way.

Room Tip: Ask for a connecting room if you are with friends or family.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad you and your party enjoyed your stay. It's always difficult not being able to sleep in your own bed so we try hard to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible. We appreciate your business and hope we will see you again in the future!
Harrah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I stay at the Homewood Suites everytime I travel to East Hartford, CT. It is the only place I will stay. Rooms are excellent, personnel are super friendly, and the breakfast and welcome home meals are top notch. The staff go out of their way to make this place as much like home as possible. You will never be disappointed in staying here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
robert_seguin, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We try very hard to make sure all of our guests feel at home so it's just great to hear when we have achieved this goal! Hope to see you again soon!
Central NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We chose this hotel when visiting New Haven, CT for a concert at the Schubert Theater. We preferred staying a little bit out of the city, and we always look for a Homewood Suites whenever possible, as it is our favorite chain. This particular Homewood was as most of the rest we've stayed in - clean, comfortable, and well-equipped, with a friendly and attentive staff, and more than adequate complimentary breakfast. They also have a complimentary dinner several days a week, although we didn't personally take advantage of it as the timing didn't fit in with our plans. Altogether a pleasant experience!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
robert_seguin, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit a survey. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we'll see you again! Maybe next time you'll have time to take advantage of our evening Manager's Reception!
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This Hilton property is a fine example of what distinguishes a good hotel from an excellent one. For me it is the quality of the people who make the experience rise to a higher level. I've been staying at this hotel steadily since 2008. I travel frequently and have a sound basis for comparison. Here's the executive summary. This property is clean, close to the best restaurants in Glastonbury and the hotel staff is attentive to details. The rooms are very comfortable and fully equipped, including a complete kitchen. The housekeeping staff is wonderful and rooms are serviced better than many higher level properties I've stayed in. The outdoor pool is absolutely delightful, very well maintained and a peaceful environment. But when it rains there's an indoor pool at a sister hotel next door, along with full sevice dining. Every employee at this facility is very friendly, courteous and eager to offer assistance no matter what you need. I requested service on my A/C at 7:30 one evening figuring the problem would be resolved the next day and was very happy that it was
correctly handled in the next 30 minutes. Overall, this hotel should be a top pick for short and extended stays, which I do a lot.
amazed at the speed at which my call was handled.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 00 or 01 are larger
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
robert_seguin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Reading this review was a great way to start the week, as pleasing our guests is the reason we're in this business! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations. We try our best to make sure things are right, but sometimes things will happen (like a broken A/C unit). It's how we respond to the issues that may come along that can help make the difference for our guests, and this remains the highest priority for us. If there is ever a problem at our hotel, we want to know about it the moment it happens - so we can make it right. Cheers!
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is one of my favorite hotels. The hotel is very clean and well managed. There's a manager's reception in the evening - Monday thru Thursday. If the food is not to your liking, there are a number of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. With my corporate rate and HHonors diamond status, I am always given an upgrade.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
robert_seguin, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
I'm glad you have enjoyed your visits with us! Thank you for noticing the extra effort we put into making every guest's stay a great one. I would agree about the area restaurants as well - among the best in the state!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford South-Glastonbury? Share your experiences!