“Casual but good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
New York City, New York
“Casual but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great choice for both traditional and creative Italian food dishes. Desserts are great to experience. You can also bring your own wine for small corkage fee.

Visited May 2014

East Hartford, Connecticut
“Reliable, friendly, neighborhood favorite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Sometimes we want a good meal with friendly service and reliable choices on the menu. We come here when one of us is very hungry and the other less so. One can have a full dinner, the other salad or panini. Homemade gelato and biscotti are also excellent. We come here every couple of months. I especially like the eggplant panini, my husband the short ribs.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“A Little Pan of Pazzo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Garlic lovers will not be disappointed at Pazzo.

The food is good, authentic Italian. Have I had better? Sure...but I've also had worse. The atmosphere is nice but unremarkable. The service was excellent and conveys that warm community-like feel. The portions were large and kept us from dessert (which looked incredible), but we took home enough for another meal.

Although this review somewhat pans the place....we will go to Pazzo again. The menu has many Italian favorites and it's worth another go.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Consistently Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although this review is based on my most recent visit to Pazzo, I have been going to this restaurant for years. The food is consistently good! The pasta is always cooked to perfection and the flavor combinations are excellent! The service varies, depending on the server, and at times I find it to be a bit slow.
On my most recent visit to Pazzo with my husband and young daughter - the Friday night before Christmas - the restaurant was nearly full and presented a warm, festive atmosphere. We were seated promptly and quickly greeted by our server. We placed drink and appetizer orders and were greeted by another server. After the initial confusion as to who was going to wait on our table, the service was pleasant but a bit slow, especially while waiting to place drink refill orders and requesting the check.
However, the food was delicious as always! I had the Boscaiola - mushrooms, sausage, basil, parsley and penne with tomato cream sauce - and requested it to be prepared spicy. The penne was perfectly al dente and the entree was fresh and tasty and a bit spicy! The pasta portions are large, and since the entrees come with an appetizer salad, I always take half my meal home for yummy leftovers. My husband had the pork roast special, which was cooked to perfection and served with the most delicious roasted brussel sprouts and potatoes. My daughter ordered a Ravello Salad, which is normally a good choice for her, but after tasting the pork roast, she asked if she could switch meals with her dad. (The answer was "no.")
My daughter loves the gelato at Pazzo and this time she ordered a peppermint gelato. Not my style, but she loved it!
I would highly recommend Pazzo for a great meal for friends and families!! p.s. There is also a small room in the back that can service private functions.

Visited December 2013
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Increased BYOB charge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I think the food at Pazzo's is very good. We have been going there for years. Good size portions and the service is very good. I usuallly like to bring and taste a new Italian wine before I buy a larger quantity for consumption and gifts.

I recived my check last week and the corkage fee went from $2.50 to $8.00 per person. Ouch.

We were planning to meet 2 other couples that we fequently dine out with evry other week to shake things up from our usual BYOB resturants.

But, $48 for corkage was extremely high for the 6 of us.

I'll be back when they decrease the coakage fee back to the normal charge like several other resturants in the area..

• Visited October 2013