“Japanese Steakhouse... With Cowboys!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sakura Garden is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 79 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Connecticut, United States
“Japanese Steakhouse... With Cowboys!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Walking into Sakura Garden you notice a dark ambiance and are greeted by friendly staff. We were quickly seated at a Hibachi table and a fairly inexperienced waitress took our order for drinks and apps. I took a while for the drinks to come but I chalk it up to the Waitress' experience and ability. The Sushi was Fresh and Delicious. Not to mention good sized portions as well. The Hibachi show was pretty standard fare but the food was a step above. The price wasn't too high but it was up there but the food was worth it.... Oh, the Hibachi Chefs dress like Cowboys.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Family favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This Japanese steak house is a family favorite. Excellent dinner with a show. Only problem is the lack of parking in the plaza.

Visited January 2013
Zhuhai, China
“Quite busy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The sushi/sashimi is quite good. The only thing I don't like is the sauce they poor over the makis. I personally do not like the inside of the restaurant, it is to dark for my taste. I like sitting outside, but there are only a few tables available.
The service was fine every time we have been there but can take some time during busy times. The cocktails are very good.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Typical sushi/hibachi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

It's no different than any other sushi restaraunts in a 25 mile radius. The sushi is typical grade sushi although I would definitely ask what's the freshest seafood they have in. The only other good thing about eating here is there are other restaraunts and bars within walking distance.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Colchester, Connecticut
“the best birthday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My dad recommended this place so I decided to try it out on my birthday. I made a GREAT decision. The service was excellent, our waitress was very friendly, and the atmosphere was authentically Asian. I ordered the sushi for two so I could share it with my brother and it was delicious. We devoured everything and it was a fantastic birthday lunch. The price was modest but totally worth it. I've also heard great things about their hibachi, so I'll be returning some day for that as well. All and all, great service, amazing sushi, and modest prices but definitely worth it.

• Visited December 2011