“Good Food-Bizarre Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Good Food-Bizarre Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Three of us went to the Spicy Green Bean for lunch on a cold day. Everything on the menu sounded good, and the salads at the tables surrounding us looked relish. Once our server arrived, we had questions regarding the loaded kitchen sink salad (I think that is what it is called). We wanted to know exacted what was in it. The server responded, "It's that salad over there." She referred to a table behind us and obviously, we had no way of really seeing it. That said, we ordered 3 requesting certain things not be in it as we had no idea whether or not they would be. We were all pleased with our salads. The portion size was perfect, it was delicious and I will return again when I am craving a salad. Took forever to get a bill and pay, but for us, it was fine as we were not in a hurry. Again, I will return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for coming in and I am glad you enjoyed your salads. I am very sorry for the service issues and I am working hard to resolve them- so thanks for being kind! Hopefully, we see you again soon and we will try to be quicker!!

Lebanon, Connecticut
“Oh My tastebuds!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had been eyeing this restaurant so we finally decided to try the BYOB dinner. The restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch 7 days a week but only on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays are they open for dinner. Reservations were easy enough on the web site and when we arrived at 6pm we lucked out with the Chef's table! There is the larger dining room in the front and in the back is a smaller area with the kitchen where you overlook the cooking and can talk with the chefs and staff. We started with the Spanish Pork Emphanadas and the Asian Glazed Beef which were both amazing! Artfully presented and the flavors were incredible. Another treat at the Chefs table was complimentary (wow didnt expect that!) Quesadilla which were topped with avacado and tomatoes with a tasty sauce. For dinner I had the Hen Hennesey which was a glorious stuffed Cornish Hen filled with a cheese and rice stuffing topped with asparagus..Delish!! My husband had the The Chimi Burgers and the others had the Big Banginging Moster Steak and Cheese (Fitting name-its huge!) a grilled Chicken wrap and my typical 13 year old son had (what else) Macaroni and Cheese. When his plate was delivered they added a side plate with a pork rib which he tried and devoured! He then proclaimed this was his favorite restaurant and when were we going to return. We had no problems with the service and will be returning again and again!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi dididb911!!

Thanks so much for coming in and we are sooo happy to hear everyone at your table had a great time! We hope you had a great 30th birthday ;)

Come see us again soon!

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Great BYOB Dinner Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have been to the Spicy Green Bean Deli for breakfast and lunch and is always excellent. We brought our friends for the BYOB dinner this week and they loved it. The eggplant rollatini, beel schnitzel, and big sexy pork chop entrees were delicious. Not your usual menu and it changes weekly. It is a small restaurant so reserve early. They are only open Thursday through Saturday for dinner.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi Elaine D! Thanks so much for the kind and detailed review!! Thanks for coming in multiple times, we so appreciate it!!
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Superb Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The food and service was fantastic. Unique menu items with a great taste. Will definitely return. Seating is a bit cramped.

Visited February 2013
spicygreenbean, Owner at The Spicy Green Bean, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi Al P! Thanks for coming in and thank you for the 5 star review! Sorry about the cramped seating! Kathy
“Spicy Green Bean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped into the Spicy Green Bean on Valentine's Day for lunch. The place was recommended to me by my son, who raved about it.

This is a small restaurant that serves not-your-typical fare. I tried their lump crab burger, and my wife tried their vegie burger. We both came away satisfied. The portions were more than adequate, the only problem being that I didn't have enough space left to try what looked like some very good homemade desserts.

The only thing I was a little concerned about was the service. After my check was presented, I ended up bringing the check up to the register after waiting longer than I felt was necessary to pay the tab. This was in spite of the fact that my wife and I were the only patrons in the restaurant at the time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hi Pmart427! Thanks for coming in and thanks for all the kind words. I really appreciate you letting me know about the server issues on 2/14, I will address them asap. Hope to see you soon!