“Courtyard Farmington saved our weekend!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farmington
Dover, Massachusetts
“Courtyard Farmington saved our weekend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

After hastily checking out of the hotel that was recommended to us by the baseball organization we were with, found this Courtyard by Marriott just a short drive away. What an amazing hotel.
The lobby was typical Courtyard, open, clean, and with a comfortable feel. Checkin was instant, and we were in the room, no exaggeration, within 4 minutes of parking the car. The desk clerk took the time to explain different hotel amenities and some of the area points of interest. Talk about a GREAT first impression.
The room was spacious, immaculate, the beds amazing, soooo comfortable, and did I mention clean? The AC was a digital thermostat, and easy to adjust. Some noise from the corridor traffic. Shower was great, lots of pressure, good toiletries. Can't say enough positives about this hotel.
Had breakfast the next AM at the buffet. Cooked to order eggs, the usual fruit, cereal, breads, and meats. Waitress was thorough and pleasant. A great end to a great stay. Would absolutely stay here again if I was anywhere near the area.

Mall across the street, tons of dining options in the immediate area. Won't go wrong here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Stayed there in July for 4 nights having travelled from Ireland with extended family for a family funeral. The hotel was comfortable and they made every effort to accommodate our group of 10. Rooms very comfortable and service good. Excellent breakfast buffet and nice to have a bar and restaurant on site - both were good for a hotel. Hotel located pretty much in the middle of an industrial estate but not a problem with a car and we enjoyed the walks around the trails near the hotel. The pool was welcome and a good distraction for the children. Rooms comfortable. Would stay there again.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
saratoga springs, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I were in the Hartford area visiting our son and chose to stay at the Courtyard Marriott due to the close proximity to West Hartford. The hotel room was new and clean and we were pleased until we tried to sleep. Our room was across from the small room which is home to the soda machine and the ice machine. All night starting around 10:30 the machine made ice every 1/2 hour and it was noisy enough to wake us up every time. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well at all and will remember to relocate away from the ice maker the next time we stay there. Perhaps the company should install a door on those rooms????

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

Stayed there while I was in town for a meeting. Staff was friendly. Room was great. New hotel which was refreshing. It has a bar which most Courtyards don't. Nice breakfast buffet with omelets. (They have egg whites too)
Only complaint is the weather, but that's New England.

• Liked — New hotel
  • Disliked — Weather
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SFO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Hotel was good..nice rooms....good for price....For me main problem was the internet facility provided. I was there for a job interview and was staying there over the week end. I had to use the internet to read up a lot. Hotel rooms only have wired internet facility and they just provided just a 2 feet cable to connect to the laptop. and the internet port was close to the tv and ac . And far away from the bed, so noway you could sit on the bed and browse.

I was so tired sitting there on the chair all day browsing and it was hurting my neck also . if I move the laptop, the internet cable would come off. It was a nuisance. I wonder why dont they become a bit modern and keep their rooms wireless or at least provide us with a long cable.

So if u jus want a over night sleep its ok. but if u plan to do some work ,then dont bother going there.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Farmington hotels

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Our family of 4 (children ages 2 and 3) stayed at this property to visit family in the area. There are few decent hotel options around here, so we thought we'd give this one a try.

The hotel is new which is nice. It's one of the nicer Courtyards I have stayed at - but it's still a 3-star hotel. The room is a fine size (not huge, not tiny) and the bathroom is on the nicer side for a Courtyard. The room is very clean. There is a small closet and old-school (i.e. not flat screen) 27" TV, no DVD player. There is a small, empty refrigerator which won't fit much and would be nice for drinks but ours smelled really awful so we didn't use it. Beds are soft and comfortable. A coffee maker and coffee are in the room, we didn't drink any though so can't report on the taste.

The hotel is right near the Westfarms Mall as well as a ton of chain stores and restaurants. Great location in that respect. There is a Starbucks Cafe (inside Barnes & Noble) right next door. The breakfast at the hotel was not good. We went down around 10:00 and the place was a mess - food all over the floor in the buffet area. (The gaggle of teenagers in town for some sort of sports tournament probably didn't help that, but they were long gone by the time we got there.) The buffet included some melon, rotten (literally - maybe they were too close to the hot waffle iron?) apples and oranges, a few types of bread and donuts, oatmeal (which I saw another guest complaining about - it looked like soup with clumps in it). They also advertise made-to-order eggs and Belgian Waffles, but there was nobody there to take my order, and after waiting about 5 minutes, I looked at the waffle batter sitting on the counter and when I noticed it was crusted over (I assume it had been sitting there for several hours) I decided I didn't really need a waffle after all, so we went to Starbucks instead.

The walls are paper thin here - most hotels aren't soundproof but this one is pretty bad. Every time someone in our hallway opened or closed their door, it sounded like our door was opening or closing. I actually opened the door for housekeeping once and it turned out they were knocking on the door across the hall! I could hear the people in the room above us walking (ask for a room on the 4th floor, that should resolve the upstairs neighbor problem). Due to the aforementioned teenage group, there was quite a lot of noise in the hallways all night. I guess we got unlucky with the timing. If you are a light sleeper, you won't like the heating/cooling unit in the room. It is very loud when it comes on.

The staff were fine - pleasant enough. We did run into one housekeeper in the hallway and she was actually friendly and greeted us with a big smile. On the housekeeping topic, they did a good job, and happily complied when I asked to have our service complete by 2 so our children could nap - that was much appreciated.

The free DSL connection in the room is nice - but it's not wi-fi so you'll have to sit at the desk to use it.

Overall, it wasn't an awful stay, but it could have been better. I understand it's not a luxury hotel, but we paid $179 a night per room (we had two rooms), so I did expect a bit more. Unfortunately there are no good options in this area, so when we return we will probably stay here again . . . but I won't be excited about it.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Thin walls, too much noise day and night
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2007

This was a very nice Courtyard, probably the nicest I've stayed in. Room was large and decorated nicely, and it had a number or amenities that other Courtyards I've stayed in haven't always had, like a small refrigerator in the room. The bathroom was also unusually roomy. Everything was clean and well-maintained. In addition to the usual smallish closet, the room had a huge closet that ran along one whole wall. In-room coffee maker, internet access, etc. The room also had a seating area with a table and two chairs. I was very impressed with this hotel. Breakfast was not very good (and not included with the room), but the niceness of the room more than made up for it!

• Liked — Spaciousness of the room and bathroom
  • Disliked — breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Hartford Farmington? Share your experiences!