“Very Good Food at Very Good Prices” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 65 Restaurants in Farmington
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: When you are craving something delicious, stop by The Stonewell Restaurant for the best tasting American-Mediterranean cuisine in the area!
W. Hartford, CT
“Very Good Food at Very Good Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We tried the Sunday brunch here for the first time and found it to be a very good experience. The atmosphere and staff were very friendly, The food was quite varied with breakfast and lunch/dinner options. Breakfast included fresh made ommelettes and waffles as well as pancakes, french toast, sausage, bacon, home fries and eggs benedict. Post breakfast options started with salads, mains and then desserts. Everything we tasted was quite good. It included one mimosa as a drink. Cost is under $20 per person, very attractive.

This restaurant has special dinners during the week which include a pasta night and a lobster night. We haven't tried these but our friends say they always get good food here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stelios K, Owner at The Stonewell Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your Sunday brunch with us! It sounds like you sampled a wide variety of our menu, which is wonderful. What's better than starting your Sunday off with a nice meal and a mimosa? We do offer a wide variety of dinner items, as well as some great specials throughout the week — I would love to welcome you in to try our other dishes!

All the best,

Southington, Connecticut
“unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

we used a voucher to go to this restaurant. We chose the prime rib--I wanted it done medium, my husband wanted his done meduim-well. His came rare in the center, mine was well done, so they mixed up our orders and then some. the food was barely lukewarm.would not go again. Not many people there when we went, but waitress took my voucher then forgot all about it till I reminded her.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Stelios K, Owner at The Stonewell Restaurant, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Fran, I'm very sorry to hear about the mix-up with your Prime Rib orders. They should have come out exactly as you ordered them, and it's disappointing that this took away from your meal so much. I hope that you had the opportunity to bring this up to your server, because we would have been more than happy to report back to our kitchen team and fix this right away. This certainly isn't the impression that I want you to have of our place, and I would love to chance to welcome you back in to give you the experience that you should have received the first time.

Collinsville, Oklahoma
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is a nice little restaurant. We went on Monday night, and it was quiet. The service was nice.

Extensive menu.

I enjoyed my meal (Veal Jerusalem), but my coworker was not impressed by his steak.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for coming in for a meal, Matt! While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your service and your Veal Jerusalem, I'm sorry that your coworker was not impressed with his steak. If you know what in particular he didn't like about it, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact me, and I'd be more than happy to chat about it.

New Britain, Connecticut
“Liked it until it was time to pay the bill.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I recently purchased a gift certificate on Restaurants .com and wanted to give this place a shot. My husband and I decided to go on a Sunday afternoon. When we arrived we were seated and were given lunch menus. We noticed their brunch buffet was still available for another ½ hour so we decided to go with that. My husband was happy with everything he got from the buffet and so was I. When we received the bill it was $42.17. I gave her my $25.00 gift certificate and my debit card for the remainder of the bill. When she returned she mentions that she took her tip from the gift certificate and charged me the balance. What?? She gave herself a 20% tip and we served ourselves! I thought this was inappropriate for a table of 2 especially since she only brought us beverages. We were planning to tip her on the total bill but we felt we were taken advantage of and she had no right to do that on her own. We will never go back.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stelios K, Owner at The Stonewell Restaurant, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Lisa, this is certainly not how your bill should have been managed, and I’m sorry that a tip was added without discussing it with you first. This is not how I would expect our staff to behave, so it's very disappointing to hear this. I wish myself or a manager on duty would have had to opportunity to speak with you, as we would have been more than happy to make this right. I’m glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your brunch, and would hate for this service mishap to be your last impression of us. I would like discuss your payment further, so please feel free to contact me at (860) 677-8855.

Plainville, Connecticut
“Awful do not waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a horrible restaurant and we will never return! Went on a Saturday night guests 4. There were hardly anyone there. The food was awful! Seafood was still frozen Gordon's fisherman seafood tastes better. Plates range from $17.00+ the steak was all fat. The inside is dirty and outdated. Do not waste your money!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nicozey, I’m very sorry that you weren't impressed with our dishes or our decor. It’s quite disappointing to read, since we pride ourselves on serving up fresh ingredients and flavorful meals. Your seafood and steak should always come out piping hot and cooked to perfection, so I will absolutely be following up with the kitchen team about this.

The atmosphere in our family-owned restaurant is rustic and charming, which is something that we think adds to the character. That said, keeping it clean and presentable is very important to me. I wish we would have had the opportunity to speak during your meal, as I would have been more than happy to speak with you and clarify these matters. Thank you for your feedback!

Best,