“Another great Hampton Inn Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Farmington
“Another great Hampton Inn Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a friends wedding. Very clean room. Great breakfast and very friendly staff. This is our second stay at a Hampton Inn in three months and both were exceptional. Book with confidence!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Brian B:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay for your friends wedding! We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Farmington area.

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel to stay for two nights on our journey from North Vermont to Philadelphia. We were not disappointed. The hotel lobby is impressive for a small hotel, with rich mahogany wood and lovely wall paper and decorations. Our room was on the third floor. The hotel is very clean including our room. The bed was very comfortable. The tv was good because it had an interactive menus where we could chooses the genre of programme we wanted to watch and it had a scroll through programme guide. This was a first we have ever seen in the states. There was coffee facilities in the room and 24 hour coffee available outside the breakfast room. Breakfast was nice with a good choice of continental or some hot food. We could not find anywhere to sit on our first morning because the sitting area is quite small and there were lots of people there, so we took our breakfast back to our room. The second morning was fine. The hotel was only just a few miles off the interstate highway and was easy to find. The staff we encountered were very friendly. Our only gripe was that the front desk staff couldn't give us much idea about what to see in the area and there were no leaflets or local information in the lobby. I used the free wifi to google the area and we filled our day visiting two lovely museums.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pdsfinance:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through the Farmington area.

Upton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

See my comments in additionally commentary area of survey. If you cannot see them, basically the summary is that I ONLY use the Hampton on Colt Highway due to the cleanliness, friendliness and safety as well as the jacuzzi for my horrible back. 3 stays have disappointed me now with lack of heat to the jacuzzi, staining on carpets or furniture and general lack of cleanliness of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lindsey B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear PipeL:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you weren't able to enjoy the jacuzzi during your recent stay. We have had some work completed on it and are working hard to ensure that it is running at its best for our guests. As of today it is back in operation and we look forward to you being able to enjoy it during your next stay. I will share your comments with our housekeeping team also to ensure they are aware of your concerns.
Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything else we can do.

Portland, CT, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Would definately stay again at this hotel. Friendly staff....very clean rooms and pretty lobby. Continental breakfast was very good......lots to choose from and food was hot:) Any question I had was quickly answered. Pool area very clean with several tables and chairs.....picture on website does not do it justice!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Edelyn B:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are comfortable and I can't wait to share your comments with them.
We look forward to seeing you again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place was great in being attentive to our wedding party. As the best man I had alot of coordinating to do and helping get rooms situated for guests. The hotel staff was very helpful in getting me in and out of rooms for preparations, and understood that it was to make the wedding day a success.

The rooms were clean and everything you would expect from a Hampton Inn and Suites.

Not sure if the hotel had anything to do with the shuttle, but the shuttle on the ride home canceled out on us after the wedding due to, "being sick." Major let down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ryan C:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that the wedding was a sucess! We know how stressful weddings can be and how important it is to ensure everything goes smoothly. I am glad we were able to help you with that!
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Farmington area.

Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our 1 night stay at this facility was quiet and in eventful.
We were traveling from Ohio to Maine for vacation in Kennebunkport.
The staff was friendly and greeted me promptly when I checked in. They also recognized I was a Hilton Rewards Member and honored my AAA discount.
The room was clean but on further inspection found mold / mildew in the bottom of the shower drawer rail, a tattered rug edge where the tile met the carpet by the closet, and the bathroom sink did not close when you pulled the sink plunger. All minor things but are being overlooked by cleaning staff and management.
A little more checking of the cleaning quality would be a great investment for this facility.
Having stayed in a Hilton Garden Inn in Wilkes Barre, PA.
WE'RE WERE MUCH MORE FAVORABLY impressed by our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn than the Hampton Inn Farmington.
I do realize there is a difference in the cost between these two Hilton facilities but the extra $25.00 per night for the Garden Inn is well worth the investment.
In the future I will be seeking out Garden Inns instead of Hamptons for our stays during our vacation trips and long weekend holidays.
Kind of a shame but we have had several disappointing stays at Hampton Inns in Georgia, CT. and Albuquerque in the last few years.
I have always made our travel reservations around Hamptons in the past but I have experienced too many disappointments lately.
Guess I will be looking at Hilyon Garden Inns in the future.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Charles P:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about your disappointment, I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and maintenance teams so that we can work to ensure this is not the experience of another guest. I hope the next time you are in the Farmington area you will give us another opportunity to show you the level of service and cleanliness we provide.

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here back in May 2013 for several nights on two different occasions. We came back here because we really liked this place. The service is quite good. The staff is attentive. The rooms are very nice and the suites are spacious. Very clean too. Our room was spotless upon check-in.

The chair at the desk in the room needs to go higher. This was a fault we found back in May also when we were in a different room.

The beds are excellent in comfort. We sleep very well here. There is something to be said for that. The only bed I found even more comfortable was at The Allison in Newberg, Oregon, a boutique hotel where rooms start at over $300 per night.

This Hampton Inn is in a very quiet location. There is construction going on next door. But all three times we have stayed here we found that we do not hear the construction and are not bothered.

They do serve a pretty extensive complementary breakfast. I am gluten free. They do have fruit and yogurt along with boiled eggs available. There is juice, coffee and tea. You can make your own toast or english muffin. They always have hot egg dish, sausage or bacon and potatoes in some form. You have to be careful with the potato and the egg dish because there can be gluten in there. I find that I need to get breakfast elsewhere since I need to be so careful. The staff at breakfast is always very friendly and helpful. They keep things stocked and the counters clean.

I can easily recommend this place to others. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Right now the construction is on the even numbered side of the hall.