“Solid Diner food” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
New York City, New York
“Solid Diner food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Use to be our traditional stop on our way to foxwoods. Had some good meals and some bad meals.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Not my sort of Place......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I tried this place out twice and though several of my friends like it here I did not.

This Diner is run by Greeks --but they must be new to America or this country or don't have a history of Americas Diners.

We stopped for breakfast one and they had no grits nor did they know what they were. Also the pancakes were done more like crepes--not what an American wants to see.

There were other issues such as that where the foods that this American and well versed Diner Lover has come to view as the food to desire in a Diner is looking for.

Prior to this place opening in a town over was another Greek Diner where the owner AND staff made the most luscious blueberry pancakes in the WORLD !!!! ........................AND he had great sausages to go along with this PRIMO Breakfast.

As I stated --unfortunately these folks have no clue.......

So, if your looking for the most basic of foods or want to eat European style this may be the place for you.....but if your looking for AMERICAN STYLE Bacon ,eggs , pancakes , sausages , home fries and such breakfast --hearty and full...NOT HERE !

Visited September 2011
“Newer Diner, clean, but lacks nostalgia and is pricey for a diner.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

A newer diner, which lacks the nostalgia of old, but has a deep menu and consistent product. Prices are a little high (big, newer place has a lot of overhead), and I really wish they did not use coated french fries, which I don't like.

I miss Fairfield's Vegetarian Enclave (closed), but Johnny's Diner is very close and a great value (best Eggs Benedict EVER!), but some may call it a "dive"... and I am just fine with that :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Always good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The choices and food are great. Never had a bad meal and we are regulars. It is pricey for a diner especially compared to a few of the other town diners.

CT
“Stay Away from this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

You would think that a restaurant would be happy to accommodate a customer. within reason, but not this place. I stated that I had Bariatric surgery, and wanted a child's portion. I was flat out told NO. THEN, when voicing my frustration to my husband, the manager attacked me verbally. I will never go there again......EVER!

• Visited April 2011