“Not worth it!” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Conneticut
“Not worth it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

When my brother was in town he wanted to try Wilson's BBQ because he had heard about it all the way in D.C. Well, we ordered an assortment of ribs to go and were disappointed when we got them home and there was no BBQ sauce on them. Unbeknownst to us, you have to purchase the BBQ sauce separately. We drove all the way back and had to pay about $13 for sauce and it wasn't worth it! I've had much better BBQ and would never go back here. There are many other great restaurants in Fairfield and you can definitely skip this one.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
“Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The servers are friendly and efficient, and it's good value, but the food just isn't that great. Tried it twice, but not compelled to go back for more.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Westport, Connecticut
“Authentic Ribs and Barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to Wilson's many times, and I keep waiting for them to "fail" … they just do not know how to do so. Tremendous ribs, so tender that the meat almost falls off the bone, cooked many different ways (vinegar-based, tomato sauce-based, dry-rubbed) … you can find ribs the way you like them here. And, if pulled pork is your preference (it's not mine, but my colleagues swear by it), you can feast on it here as well.

Now, one does NOT came here for the side dishes … no onion loaf here … but, if you want ribs, I'm certain that I'll see you here … I'll be on a stool in the corner!

Visited September 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“WILSON'S ICE COLD BBQ!!! GO TO SHAKE SHACK DOWN POST RD INSTEAD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have been to a million of bbq joints all across the country from Arthur Bryant's in Kansas City to The Cowboy Way in...wait for it...Palm Springs, CA (underrated hot spot) and Wilson's Holy Cow This Is Bad BBQ ranks as the WORST I've ever had. Stopped here on our way to Newport, RI, because why else, Mr. Guy Fieri did a segment there for his famous show Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The staff was the most uncourteous and unfriendly. THEY WERE OUT OF BRISKET! It was a Friday night around 8pm. All I wanted was a nice beef brisket platter. So I settled for their award winning Carolina Pulled Pork. It was ICE COLD! Horrible. So I try the rest of my meat on my $25 Three meat platter. The "Texas" Sausage was dripping in oil, and the ribs were...you guess it...ICE COLD! I couldn't believe it. I ate half the plate with such disgust on my face and the only reason I didn't say anything was to save face for my girlfriend. I'm 6'4", 260lbs, and I wanted some good, hearty, BBQ! Please don't bother! Also, it cost $48 for my meal. This is a take out joint! If the food was good, I would have been ok with the price, but I wouldn't take that food for $20.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great Barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice little downtown restaurant... great barbecue, and the aroma of the barbecue when you walk in (and down-wind) is great. I'm planning to go in and try a few more items from menu.

Visited September 2013