“What a Treat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 173 Restaurants in Fairfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the 1940's Hi Ho Motel, Barcelona Fairfield is a funky throwback in the hills of Easton, just off the Merritt Parkway. The dining room has the feel of Fairfield County circa 1970, with private booths, vibrant wallpaper, and photographs of family and friends. The interior's main focus is the welcoming bar and the beautiful 85-seat patio overlooking the trees and the parkway is the focus in warm weather. Fairfield features an intimate private dining room and a family-friendly vibe during the week.
Fairfield, Connecticut
“What a Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have just moved to the area and driven by this place several times, always wondering what could be there as it looks incongruous with the older hotel and the big crowds and the signs saying "fresh vegetables." We finally checked it out, made a reservation and took our two teens and my parents to dinner there on July 4th. What a great find. Incredible tapas that all tried and all loved. The White Sangria was great and the review from the person dated June 20 seems suspect to me, but I always question reviews when they refer one to another restaurant. We have had White Sangria in many places and this one was refreshing and delightful. The waitstaff were very good and were extremely friendly.
We will be back whether with the whole family or just for a date night or with friends.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
General M, Manager at Barcelona Wine Bar, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience with us. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers from Barcelona Wine Bar!

Easton, Connecticut
“What happened!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place used to be amazing. I went for a birthday dinner with 10 friends and the quality has gone down the tubes. So disappointing. We ordered about 10 different tapas and all around they really had much to be desired! The only good one was the steak.

The white sangria was terrible, ordered by the glass, so we decided to order pitchers of the red, much better, but again not great. Olah in Fairfield has the best sangria around!

The positive was the wait staff. They were awesome and friendly. I still cannot believe how this place was once an incredible establishment. It looks run downed and so much to be desired.

The food and the place is "tired" and I will not be going back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
General M, Manager at Barcelona Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Hello Sophie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to apologize for your experience here last night. If you wouldn't mind contacting us, either by phone or by email, I would love to chat with you about which items have changed, and what we can do to improve them. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. You may reach me at the restaurant at 203-255-0800 or via my email at holly@barcelonawinebar.c… Thank you again, Sophie. Your time is greatly appreciated and I look forward to speaking with you soon. Sincerely, Holly Phillips, Assistant General Manager__Barcelona Fairfield 203-255-0800 Read less
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great food! Great people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Atmosphere wonderful especially if you can eat outside! Food always fresh and menu changes pretty often. Always something new to try!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello,

Cheers from Barcelona Wine Bar!
Oldgreenwich
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Love the rabbit and the assorted wine list, atmosphere is fantastic courteous waiter could not ask for more

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Connecticut
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I have been to various Barcelona restaurants in CT and still do not get the hype. It is decent at best, and frequented by people who are told it is good and they believe it.

Visited the Fairfield location this week to meet friends. Incredibly overpriced bottled beer. Noisy even away from the bar. Tapas was about average Calamari was rubbery, chorizo was bland. Chicken empanadas had a few bone fragments (or something crunchy and sharp). The steak entree was decent, as was the chicken entree.

Service was good. Also, for a large restaurant I don't understand how they have one small restroom each for men and women.

Overall it as okay, but pricey for the quality. It's the type of place unless a friend wants to meet there because of location, we would not think to go back to.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hello Jimmy,

First off, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your input and feedback is greatly appreciated. I want to first apologize for your experience while dining with us. We try to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, some areas of restaurant are louder than others; next time you are in, we would be happy to seat you in one of those areas. Regarding your food, I have shared your review with our chef and he sends his apologies as well. Could you please contact me at your convenience so that I may speak to you further about your dining experience. You may reach me at the restaurant at 203-255-0800 or via my email at holly@barcelonawinebar.c… Thank you again, Jimmy. Your time is greatly appreciated and I look forward to speaking with you soon. My apologies for not responding to you sooner. Sincerely, Holly Phillips, Assistant General Manager__Barcelona Fairfield