“What a Gem!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 184 Restaurants in Fairfield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Burlington, North Carolina
“What a Gem!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had an absolutely wonderful meal in this family owned restaurant. You know its good when you see all the locals coming in. Wine list was on par, meals were excellent. He had chicken cacciatore and I had Scallops Tuscani. He is not an Italian food lover per se, but was blown away by his meal. He even ate all his pasta (now that Never Happens!). I am an Italian food lover and was blown away by my meal! The man that doesn't eat desserts ordered cannoli and took the 2nd one home. I was floored! I enjoyed one of the best Tiramisu's ever. The dinner itself was relaxed and timed quite nicely between courses; we never felt 'rushed'. We were very pleased with our find in Mancuso's and recommended it to local friends/family. I know our next time through town that will be a must-eat-at location.

Visited April 2014

Fairfield, Connecticut
“Terrible rude to paying customer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very rude service. After my Valentine's day evening experience I will not be returning. I had a reservation for 8:00 pm. I arrived at 8:15 to be rudely greeted by a hostest, who bluntly mentioned that each table is alotted 1 hr and 30 mins for their meal, and because I arrived 15 mins late, I now had 1 hr and 15 mins permitted at my table.

Management should tell the wait staff to rush, not the paying customer to rush as soon as they walk in the door. A restaurant should be using Valentine's Day to make a good impression on customers, not repel them for good. With the array of fine Italian restaurants in Fairfield, I will be going elsewhere to a restaurant who appreciates the paying customer.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great food, value and family business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This used to be called Three Brothers and I have watched it evolve over the past 20 years. It has always served great classic Italian food and pizza but now with the expanded menu it is nice to try some of the new dishes.

The nice thing about this place is that it is family owned and it is still the same family that I remember from 20 years ago. I find that family business and restaurants always try harder than the chains and are always looking to improve and listen to their customers.

The portions are always generous as I haven't left there without a doggie bag. It is probably because I can't stop eating the homemade bread sticks and roasted garlic and sun dried tomato mixture they always out on the table.

Overall the quality of the food, the relaxed atmosphere and the service make Mancusos's a great value for very good food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Mancuso's has been an established name in the Fairfield area for many years and has lasted because it serves good food consistently. The Italian menu is typical but has something for everyone and the food is prepared well. The service is professional but friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. Very nice!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
intervale, New Hampshire
“Very solid Italian fare at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife, myself and my sister in law and brother in law enjoyed dinner at Mancuso"s over the summer. Service was somewhat slow but the food was excellent. Prices are more than reasonable.

Visited August 2013