“Great food terrific service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Vegetarian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Great food terrific service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We went there this past mothers day to celebrate our daughters graduation from college and mothers day. There were five of us we had a great experience we had calimari and grilled scallops for appetizers, I had the seafood risotto. The meal was wonderful and service was excellent. I thought the prices were reasonable considering the quality and presentation of the meal. You can get some basic pasta dishes for anywhere from $12-$18 and they had some great specials in the mid $25 range. At the end of the meal mother and graduate were given a red rose each. May sound corny but it was a very special day for us and our visit to Avellino's made it that much more special. I would definately recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Milford, Connecticut
“A great traditional Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

This is another goto place for us when we desire good Italaian food and wine. They also serve pizza which I haven't sampled.

It can be a bit loud when crowded but the atmosphere is traditional Italian. Outdoor seating is available but it is right on the Post Road and therefore not pleasant.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited January 2012
Redding, Connecticut
“Great food - but bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Now Avellino's has great food - and I had been there previous times of this experience, but I just can't bring myself to go there again. First of all, it is a little on the expensive side, so one would think that the service would be incredible however it is not. The waiter we had was clearly overwhelmed with the amount of people he had to serve and I don't know if it was because he was an older gentleman, but he spoke down to me and my date because we were in our 20s. To top it off I found a hair in my meal and they still charged me for me. Absolutely disgusting.

Weston, Connecticut
“Ok spot with average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

I can't ever remember a waiter at any kind of decent restaurant taking dinner orders, leaving, and then returning to ask every single person what he ordered. Maybe I am over reacting to an innocent mistake but as a waiter you either write it down, or remember it. Now I can see forgetting one thing, but not everything. Only later did I find out it was the owner himself who waited on us and forgot everyone's order. There were just a lot of odd things that went on, service wise at Avellino's. Another server actually handed a pepper mill over to a patron who ground the mill himself (strange) and plates were passed around and not cleared properly. The whole service aspect was suspect and low end. It was so odd at times that I forgot whether the food was any good, but I think it was ordinary and unmemorable at best. Avellino's has some work to do to all around to elevate the dining experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Not the standard italian restaurant- Expect the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Peter constantly creates new receipe. It s a great cooking experience that you can share.