“Really Good Pancakes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Greek
Phoenix, Arizona
“Really Good Pancakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

When my wife and I were driving along I-95, we saw a billboard advertising this place. They claim that they have the best pancakes in CT. I can't substantiate that but must say the pancakes were really good. We had ordered two of their flavored pancakes. I had the pumpkin nut, as well as an omelet. I selected "fluffy" vs. "diner" style for the omelet prep. I would advise against this next time. The "fluffy" style did not taste right to me nor my wife (she ordered the same style). The place was packed when we got there around Noon so we had to wait about 20-25 minutes. When we were leaving it had died down quite a bit so calling ahead may be worthwhile. I know while waiting I overheard a party of 8 call ahead and the staff fixed them up a table even though they were not physically there yet. So again calling ahead may be worth your while. Overall, it was a nice visit to this place. The pancakes were really good and they had such a variety of them to choose from. The staff was friendly and quite helpful. We would return again when in the area!

Visited October 2013

72% Recommend
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I admit it, I was lured in by the "best pancakes in CT" billboard. Not having tried others, I don't know if they are the best, but they were wonderful! My husband ordered an omelette with pancakes -- he could not finish the whole meal. I had the short stack of German Apple pancakes. They were fabulous! The perfect texture, with chunks of apple and light cinnamon taste. I am not in CT often, but will be driving through this weekend, and plan to stop again. Full stack, this time, because they wee so good. Only down side, the prices were high, but for a treat once in a while, it was worth it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tasty, but pricey.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Clean and bright, but small portions.
Surprised to pay $9. For pancakes.
The lobster omelet was very good for $15.
But could've been a bigger portion.
I'll go back for another meal soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut
“Pancakes at their finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The menu has a nice variety, but I can't help myself to not order the pancakes. I had a FIVE stack of Black Forest pancakes. These are chocolate chip pancakes w/black cherry compote on top. No cherry pie filling here. These are done the right way. I could not stop raving about them. You would think I would be stuffed for the day after devouring this 5 stack, but these were so light and fluffy, I was full but not overly so. We also ordered for the table a soup and sandwhich, order of french toast, and a chicken sandwhich w/onion rings. Everyone else enjoyed their meals very much. I really want to go back to try one of the entrees that looked so good, but I don't know if I can stay away from the pancakes.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Nice,casual place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The best pancakes we've ever had, south of Vermont. My husband and I (both Seniors) often have a light dinner here. I really shouldn't use the word, "light," because they give you more food than an ordinary person can eat at one sitting. Several times I've had the Cobb Omelet. You have your choice of "diner style" or "fluffy." I order it fluffy, and it couldn't be more delicious -- loaded with tomatoes, avocado, bacon, bleu cheese and a few other things I can't remember. But you also get your choice of an English muffin, fruit or pancakes to accompany the omelet.

The service has always been good and friendly and the prices are moderate.

• Visited January 2013