“Love Bon Appetit” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Stratford, Connecticut
“Love Bon Appetit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great food, good service, nice ambiance - a little bit of France in Fairfield. The inevitable tv...

Visited July 2012

“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The place was pretentious and very over priced. Nice ambiance, but not enough to make up for the only marginal crepes. They were a little on the heavy and tough side. The ones I make at home are much better.

Visited March 2012
Sosua, Dominican Republic
“Fun for Francophiliacs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I started off coming here on my own a couple of months ago, just to check it out, and now I keep coming back, bringing friend after friend to this wonderful place.

Let me start off by saying I am devoted---DEVOTED--- to the crepe concept. Whether it is vegetable moo shoo, Peking duck, Ethiopian vegetable stew, blintzes, Masala dosa: everything is better when it is wrapped in a little pancake-y thing. I swear if I could wrap shoes in pancake-y things I would love them even more than I do....and I love shoes a lot.

But I digress.

Bon Appetit is a little low on ambiance but the food is simply "oh, la!" The onion soup gratinee is so balanced and satsifying. Salty but not too, enrobed in cheese but not too much, with a sturdy chunk of bread that stands up to the soaking and delivers all the sweet onions to one's spoon. I have also enjoyed the ratatouille crepe, a mushroom crepe that was simply to die, and a quite good and authentic crouque Monsieur. The Provencal rose served by the glass is one of the best wines I have ever encountered.

So far I have only been for lunch, and I am quite intrigued by the dinner menu. Fellow Francophiles: iIf you can't book yourself a trip to la belle France this summer and are having withdrawal, drag your assets over to this place. The only thing missing is the smell of Gitanes.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Different menu, the crepes range from apps to desserts. Small location, small bar but nice option for a ladies lunch

Visited April 2012
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This delightful little cafe is tucked away behind a strip mall on a busy thoroughfare. The decor is minimal but spotless, and there are only about fifteen tables and booths. The menu is somewhat limited, but every morsel was delicious. I had the duck confit crepe and my husband had the mussels. The generous crepe was presented beautifully, with a salad on top of it, and a sprinkling of dijon mustard dressing. The duck condit filling was enhanced with chevre and fig jam. The owner and his wife were gracious and we will definitely return.

• Visited May 2012