“Rave Reviews” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
New England
“Rave Reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

All four of us raved about the food at Bangalore. The menu includes some unusual choices to complement the typical Indian food. All were tasty, fresh, and appeared to be made from scratch. The service is unhurried, so the restaurant is a good choice for a night out with friends or family. The decor is clean and attractive. Prices are just a bit higher than average, but worth it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norwalk, Connecticut
“To My Great Enjoyment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My friend and I decided to visit this restaurant on the hottest day of the year for a little lunch.

How pleasant our visit was !!

Waitstaff--soooo attentive...explaining what the dishes were (as I had eaten at a Indian Restaurant only a time or two in the past and my friend never) .

Nicely extensive menu--to fill all persons desires be it fish , chicken ,lamb or vegetarian.

My friend went with the $10.00 Buffet and had soup appetizer , a breaded pepper which turned out to be way too hot for us , a cucumber salad..bread ( nan) with a dipping sauce and a whole baked with a sauce chicken leg.

I wanted a lighter fare and not too much experimentation on this day ---so for me a Red Snapper baked in a tandori did the trick. Fish was served on a bed of onions and nicely herbed. It got me so excited that I had to have a glass of white wine.....I asked the waiter to choose and it was a perfect accompaniment to my fish.

My friend had a real India Chai Tea after her meal...but I just sat and enjoyed the tastes and flavors of mine.

Full dessert menu---but we didn't have any this day.

Used dishes were promptly picked up.

Very good seating and table space.No shrimpy seats nor spaces here.

My only complaint---On this very hot day---I would oflike a cooler air temperture and here the air conditioning was not very strong.

Very different , very nice , very comfortable dining experience.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Southport, Connecticut
“Best Indian food in Fairfield County, plus excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The first time we visited Bangalore, was to pick up some take-out Indian food that we planned to eat on our boat. The food wasn't quite ready when we arrived, so they suggested we sit in the bar while we were waiting. Seemed like a good idea, so we ordered a glass of wine. As we sat there, sipping our wine, they brought complementary poppadums. What a civilized gesture. The food arrived soon after, and turned out to be pretty good.

During the Winter, we tried their lunch and brunch buffets, and found that the food wasn't just 'pretty good' - it was excellent. They continued to gild the lily, by bringing freshly-made naans, while we were sampling their selection of Indian cuisine. Their buffet offers many choices, from Tandoori dishes, for those of us who have to watch our fat intake, to the more traditional curries. Their brunches are well attended, including many Indian families, which is always a good sign. We've never had a bad meal, and the food always tastes fresh and wholesome.

How about dinner? I'd say the best Indian food in Fairfield County (and we've tried a few). The service is excellent, which definitely adds to the experience. For those wishing to prove their machismo, Bangalore offers Vindaloo, which shows that they have a sense of humor.

We had dinner at Bangalore on Saturday evening, following a trip to the City. The food was outstanding: we had Tandoori hors d'oeuvres, a truly remarkable Masala Dhosa, and two entrees from different segments of the food spectrum - Tandoori Lobster and Chicken Korma. They offer a selection of freshly-baked naans: all good, but I can recommend their specialty Bangalore Naan, which has raisins. The portions were generous, so we didn't have room for dessert, which was a pity. Service, as always, was impeccable. Bangalore has found the right balance between attentiveness and pestering (unlike some NYC restaurants which shall be nameless). They understand the meaning of 'hospitality'.

Vegetarian options? Of course.

Oh yes, and they aren't particularly expensive, either.

Nice place. Strongly recommended.

• Visited April 2011