“Good bar food and bar atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Weston, Connecticut
“Good bar food and bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

If you want a good selection of bar food, the shack has it and it is all pretty good. We had a large party group there in the upstairs dining room and the service was good, the food was all reasonably priced, and everyone was able to get something they liked.

Visited October 2011

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Great atmosphere and even better casual food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had been on the road and were looking for a quick place to grab a bite before the last 3 hours of our long drive home. I spotted The Shack and Hometown Grill and turned in. What a great place! Open ceiling, great bar right in the middle, upstairs rooms, quaint, beachy and comfy feel! We were seated right away and found a big bowl of nacho chips and salsa at every table! Perfect, we were famished!! The salsa was not too chunky and perfectly seasoned, the chips were not your ordinary store-bought, but were crisp and light. We devoured them immediately while reading the menu. We ordered the fried calamari and were happy with the size and liked the metal mini-fryolator basket they were served in as well as the additional crunchy tidbits at the bottom! For late lunch/early dinner, we had the steak and cheese sub- good, the steak fajitas- very good, the bacon burger (plain), very good and I had the fork and knife burger. Yes, you need a fork and knife to eat it. The burgers were served with a basket of piping hot and sea-salted fries. Yum! My burger had cheese and bacon as well. I asked for a side of mayo to put on it and was asked if I wanted just plain mayo or chipolte mayo? I opted for the spicy kind and was pleasantly surprised! It was a great add! Our drinks were happily refilled, the service excellent and we were all pleased to catch some of the Red Sox game on the numerous flat screens mounted around the room. A perfect stop for the weary travelers!! Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
providence,ri
“Still not worth going”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This place changed its name this year, so I tried it again. Waitress said same owners just changed name and menu. It is mediocre food, nothing special or really good. Staff seemed very pleasant. I think the bar is popular, but wasn't busy the night I went.