“Fine if you are a heavy sleeper...or its in the dead of winter” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Enfield
Pittsfield, Vermont
“Fine if you are a heavy sleeper...or its in the dead of winter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After a long road trip, we stopped for the night at this Hampton Inn. It looked fine, in a good area, close to the interstate and the price was reasonable. It was a Hampton Inn, a reputable hotel chain so we knew what we could expect. We noticed some families when we checked in, but then left for dinner and a movie. What we noticed when we came back was noise...and lots of it. Kids screaming in the halls, in the elavators and banging on doors...seemingly without any parental supervision whatsoever. It eventually quieted down, but not without hearing occasional banging on doors late into the night.

Bright and early the next morning many more kids were at it. There was screaming in the room above us (heard them loud and clear through the vent in the bathroom) and in the rooms all around us.

It seemed to be multiple youth baseball teams or a cub scout troops all staying at the hotel, which is very close to Six Flags New England. Whoever was in the hotel, it was full of families with lots of kids.

So if looking for a quiet nights sleep, keep on driving. This region is a draw during the non-winter months for Six Flags, so I imagine every hotel will suffer this problem. Sadly the staff was resigned to the problem so were unwilling to offer any relief.

Room Tip: Keep driving if you are looking for a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Springfield South. I apologize that you had a noisy stay with us. I do schedule an employee on the overnight shift every night to walk the hallways and respond to any thing that comes up. It is usually very quiet at night. It would be good to investigate this further. If you wouldn't mind I would like to discuss this particular night with you. Please contact me at the hotel (860-741-3111).
Richard Austermann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Annapolis, MD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We spent one night in the hotel. The grounds were beautiful, staff friendly, complimentary breakfast extensive, breakfast area clean. Hotel was quiet. Beds were very comfortable. I will be a repeat customer sinse my family is in the vicinity of the hotel

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn, Enfield, CT. I appreciate that you took the time to create the on line comments for TripAdvisor. We are in a nice location and the grounds have sprung to life with all the plantings we have. I am glad you enjoyed them. I hope you can stay with us again. Thank you for your business.
Pinetops, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn twice and have had a great experience both times. The rooms have been clean and smell fresh. The breakfast is excellent and the staff could not be better. Staying at this Hampton Inn makes a quick trip to visit family a special vacation for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I appreciate your comments on TripAdvisor. We work hard to deliver a fresh, clean hotel to our guests. Our housekeeping department is as good as any that I have worked with. We even clean the duvet covers after each check out so that everything that comes in contact with the guest in bed is fresh and clean.

Thank you for the nice comments about our free breakfast buffet. It is a great way to start the day. I hope you can join us again in the future.

Windham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staff was very friendly, clean rooms that smelled like freshly washed linen, and plenty of towels for everyone. The pool and hot tub was very clean. The continental breakfast was delicious and plenty to choice from. Would highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. My staff appreciates the comments. As a matter of fact, it was one of my guest service agents at the front desk that told me about your review. They said you wrote nice comments. I have a great team here and hearing from the guests helps to personalize their job. Thank you!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

GREAT PEOPLE !!!! Especially Karen and Jaime. Good location to restaurants and mall. Close to airport and basketball hall of fame and all Springfield activities including Exposition and Six Flags. Highly recommend Fazio's Italian restaurant on Shaker Rd. in East Longmeadow next to bowling alley.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments and especially for mentioning Karen and Jaime. They are both very customer service focused and are definitely an asset to the hotel.

I am glad you like our location. I have not tried Fazio's yet although will have to get there soon. Thank you for the tip.

We are in the process of adding a Longhorn Steakhouse on our property. We anticipate it opening in October 2013. This will be a very convenient restaurant located in our parking lot.
Groton CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I book with the Hilton Rewards in mind and find the Hampton Inns to be "what I've come to expect". Had to stay overnight for a funeral in the morning and we enjoyed the pool and hot tub, very nice temperature of this pool. They even had 2 handicap devices for those who need them to enter their pool or hot tub. I was very impressed that this hotel cared so much, as I have never seen these two items before. Good beds and pillows, I always love the white bedspreads. Thank you, Hampton Inn, Enfield.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richard A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
suzibeach,

I appreciate you selecting the Hampton Inn-Enfield, CT for your stay. I am sorry it wasn't under better circumstances, having attended a funeral. Thank you for mentioning the accessible chairs that can be used to electronically lower guests into the pool or whirlpool. We are lucky to have a large pool area where these lifts fit comfortably.

I hope you have the opportunity to overnight in this area again. We would love to have you back if you do. Maybe when you cash in some of your Hilton HHonors reward points. Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor.
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Clean lobby, room, pool, and fitness area. The staff and service people are very well trained. Add to that the ability to relax with a breakfast and newspaper. Beyond the services level of many place near to this hotel. I will never stay at a Ramada Inn again. Only about 10 USD more per day. Worth the booking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you Michael L. for the great comments about my property. I have a great staff who go out of their way to ensure you have a comfortable stay. I am glad you were able to relax and read the newspaper while you were here. That is what getting away is all about.

Richard Austermann

Been to Hampton Inn Springfield South Enfield? Share your experiences!