“Amazing Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Coventry, Connecticut
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Do not let the fact that this small little place is in a strip mall hinder you from trying this place out. This is some of the best italian food I ever ate. Better than most of the places I have been to in NY, and on the same level as Bricco in Glastonbury, which I put as my gold standard. The prices were very reasonable and the food was out of this world. That along with the fact that the wine list is extensive and reasoanbly price and the in-house home made desserts were to die for. I can't say enough about this place...if you try it, you will not be dissapointed!

• Visited August 2012

Manchester, Connecticut
“Who would of thought.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have tried several times to have dinner at this establishment but they have been booked each time we called. So we tried again, on Halloween nite. And this time they were able to accomodate us. I am quite familar with Ellington and couldn't place this restaurant. When I asked where it was, I still had difficulty placing it's location. Who would of thought this GEM of a restaurant would be tucked behind another restaurant across from a farm. I have driven by this location MANY MANY times and never knew it existed.
This restaurant is AMAZING on so many levels. The service is terrific, and the food is delicious.The bacon potato soup was creamy and very tasty, The Calamari salad was like no other. The diver scallops were scrumptious. We were told the menu changes constantly and it is appearant the chef takes pride in his creations. The price reflects the quality and even though some might think the meals are pricey, I assure you each bite is well worth the expense.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vernon, Connecticut, USA
“Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went there as party of 5 on a Friday evening. Very quaint restaurant in a non-descript mini-strip mall. All of the food was excellent. Calimari for appetizer was the best I've ever had. Between us we had 4 different entrees and cleaned our plates. For dessert we had fried tiramisu ice cream with a churro. I am a sucker for churros. The fried ice cream was outstanding. Lisa our server was very friendly and attentive. Only minor gripe is that they have a giant chalkboard with the menu on it but it is not updated. I wanted the hangar steak that was on the chalkboard but the board hadn't been updated in a month she said. How long would it take? That was a minor issue but the restaurant is generally outstanding.

• Visited November 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is our second time eating here in 1 month. This is in a strip mall & doesn't look very appealing from the outside. Inside the ambiance is better. Big wooden bar & sectioned off dining space with a back room. The host is the owners Father, very friendly & personable. Waitstaff, very friendly & helpful. My husband wanted a wheat beer but they don't carry any. The Pinot Noir was good. Bread is good, fresh & comes with a bean dip, yummy garlic olive oil, or butter. Green salad was good, but very small. Fried calamari one of their popular dishes was good. We tried the short ribs, very good, the shrimp & butternut tortellini, also good, but too sweet. I felt I was eating a dessert, wish it had more spice & less sugar, also a meat Bolognese which was also good. There aren't very many good restaurants in this neighborhood so we were delighted to find this place & look forward to returning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fresh ingredients, attentive service and talented chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This the new favorite for my wife and I, when we are looking for a place for a romantic dinner. The chef will usually come out and ask you how the food was, and he seems to have a lot of regulars. Both the Italian and the French menus are first rate.

• Visited September 2012