“Review” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor

You added Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   260 Main Street, East Windsor, CT 06088 (Formerly Holiday Inn Express )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tamworth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel shows it's pet friendly which is what we were looking for. I called to verify the information regarding our dog, and booked the room for 2 nights through their 800 #. I was not told that they only have a small section of rooms for pets, and it is right next to the smoking section. I was told we would be offered a non-smoking room. The room was non smoking, but as soon as you stepped out of the room, the smoke smell was horrible. We have three children, and we do not smoke. You can imagine what my impression was. When I told the gentleman at the front desk, he was very courteous and moved us down the hall to a new room, and offered us 10 percent off one night. However, we still were in the smoking section, and just felt misled. Otherwise, the hotel was ok. Nothing special.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Todd B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Jill,

I do apologize for the issues with the hotel. I myself do not smoke and can understand your frustration. We do try to keep the pet in a certain area of the hotel that is convenient to access the outside. However we have had pets in all areas of the hotel as we accomendate dog shows at the Eastern States Fair. We are also keeping the door closed between the smoking area and non smoking area from now on. It is only through guest feedback that we can improve ourselves and your survey has helped.

Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just want to say that Tammy is the best!! No matter what the issue, she always makes everything ok...and she works her butt off (I was there for 8 days, and only noticed that she wasn't there 1 day, and she had New Years and snow storms to contend with too). The hotel mixed up my reservation and made it for 12/13 instead of 12/31. They were darn near full capacity but still found room for me. When I didn't love the handicapped bathroom (I'm probably the only person that doesn't love that bigger bathroom space...I missed my bathroom counter too much) for my full stay, they moved me after the 1st night. This was my 4th stay in this hotel in less than a year, and it was very pleasant. In addition, when the staff heard I would be spending New Years Eve in my hotel room alone, they invited me to hang out with them in the front. One of the nicest, friendliest staffs of any hotel I've traveled to, and I travel alot! If you are in the area, I highly recommend this hotel. (I did have a new front desk person speak rudely to me on the phone one night when I had no hot water, but by the time I spoke to hotel management, I was told this person had already been dealt with).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for doing our survey and bringing to our attention some of our most valuable employee.

East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

In October 2013 my wife and stayed in room number 115, a disabled accessible room on the ground floor. We paid £59 / $95, an advance non-refundable rate.

The public areas and bedroom looked very tired and was in need of a makeover. Our room was a decent enough size and had a queen bed, which was too high for my disable wife to get on alone and was very soft - we rolled into the middle and didn't have good night's sleep on it. The A/C unit in the was very noisy and had to be turned off in the night to allow us to try and get some sleep (didn't matter though due to the oft bed!) We couldn't open the window because the room overlooked the car park and was next to an exit; consequently others guests would congregate outside and smoke. I think the room's most redeeming feature was the HD TV with a good range of digital channels. The WiFi signal wasn't even that strong.

The bathroom was adequate enough but it had a tub and there were not enough grab bars. I don't know why all hotels of this size don't have at least one disabled accessible room with a roll-in shower rather than a tub.

In the morning we turned on the A/C unit to freshen up the room but all that did was draw in the cigarette smoke from outside!
The breakfast room was a decent size but it wasn't very clean; the rubbish bins needed emptying and the fridge that contained the yogurts etc was in need of a deep clean. The food on offer was fairly basic too.

When we returned home we found that that despite paying in advance the hotel charged the room to the credit card I presented at check-in. Ebookers promptly sorted it out for me though and gave me a refund.

If we were stay in this area again, which we probably wouldn't anyway, we definitely would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry. But in the future we do have a room with a roll in shower.

General Managers
East Hampton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

when I made reservation I was told we could have a queen bed. DIDN'T GET IT. The room was COLD. Heat wasn't turned on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Nanacy,

I am sorry but all our beds are king and queens. I do apologize if they look or feel smaller but I assure you that your room did have double queens.

Sorry,

Todd Breton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites East Windsor? Share your experiences!