“Great place for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
Locust Grove, Virginia
“Great place for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The motel is very conveniently located just off I-91 north of Hartford. We spent 10 days there and found it clean, quite and peaceful. The breakfast buffet was the normal good buffet including eggs, bacon, pastries, potatoes, fruit and so on. Our room was roomy, clean and neat. The staff was friendly and efficient. We were very please. I would stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you we re hapy that you and your family enjoyed all 10 days with us it was our pleasure to serve you. We thank you for the great review ~We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future. We are excited that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakafst buffet! as well as our new restaurant & lounge opened nightly at 4PM! Have a wonderful day! We hope to see you and your family soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pittfsfield, ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

When we arrived, the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean, the bathroom needed some updating and wasn't as clean as I would have like. We left our car there and got a shuttle to/from the airport. The shuttle left every 1/2 hour and we called when our flight arrived and only had to wait about 15 minutes. The driver drove a little to fast but was nice and drove us right to our car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time writing a review. We here at the Clarion take great pride in our service. We are glad that are staff could be of good service for you. We hope you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, which includes a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, bagels, cereals, pastry and much more. We are located off of I-91 which makes it very convenient to have our 24 hour shuttle service to & from Bradley International Airport. We have recently opened our restaurant & bar "Gibsons Bar & Grill" we hope you come back to enjoy!
Springfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

When we checked in at the Clarion, a young woman named Alba registered us quickly and efficently. Later in the evening a young man at the desk gave us excellent directions. This hotel runs a shuttle to the airport and allows one to leave their vehicle in the parking lot during the time they are gone. Motel shows some signs of wear. Painting all the room doors would make the entire hallway look better. The room was clean and the beds acceptable. The hot and cold breakfast items were kept replenished by a friendly attendant. There is a nice pool area but we were there too late in the season to use it. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to take this time to thank you for your nice comments on your recent stay here at the Clarion Inn & Suites. We are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Park & Fly Package, it is less complicated to just enjoy and leave your vehicle and let the hotel use there 24 hour shuttle service to & from Bradley international Airport . Our front desk staff takes great pride in assuring our guest are taking care of in a timely manner We look forward to you staying again and next time enjoying our fabulous outdoor pool. have a wonderful day!

regards,
Cheryl LeBlanc
Boulder CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked this hotel last minute for an early morning flight out of Bradley Airport. I usually stay at the Sheraton but it was full. I was greeted by some extremely genuinely friendly staff. My room was on the courtyard so I had sliding door access to the outside pool area. The room was immaculate. Since I arrived there with not a lot to do, I did my laundry in their laundry room which was clean and affordable. A new pub-style restaurant recently opened on site and the food was very good. I had a very pleasant stay and will definitely stay there, rather than the over priced other hotels the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review ~ I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future. Our new restaurant & lounge has great daily specials we are glad you enjoyed. Have a wonderful day!

Cheryl LeBlanc
vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is close to interstate 91, and has a free shuttle to Bradley airport which is on-demand, so you don't have to wait 1/2-1 hour for it. It was relatively clean, though somewhat in disrepair. It had a faint mildew odor. The area is sketchy, to the point where we drove the closest convenience store instead of walking. The breakfast was terrible, no decaf coffee, pre-packaged pasteries. The folks who work there were very pleasant, though. We did the park-and-fly, and although the parking lot has video surveillance, I wasn't sure if my car would be there on our return.. (It was.) It had lumpy pillows, and the blanket was polyester which makes for an uncomfortable sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for writing a review. We here at the Clarion take great pride in our service. I would like to apologize for you not enjoying our hot breakfast buffet, which includes a waffle maker, eggs, sausage, bagels, cereals, pastry and much more. I would love to hear from you on how I could try to improve. We are located off of I-91 which makes it very convenient to have our 24 hour shuttle service to & from Bradley International Airport. We do hope you give us another try in the future. We have recently opened our restaurant & bar "Gibsons Bar & Grill" we hope you come back to enjoy!
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent the weekend at this resort 8/23/13 to 8/25/13. We were directed to this hotel in error by my trip planner, however after being greeted by the staff at the front desk and seeing the extra effort that was taken to make sure that our trip was the best that it could be even if it was not with them, we knew we were going to end up here. Needless to say after seeing the horrible arrangements that were planned for us at another establishment, we were right back at the Clarion Inn at Bradley Airport. Over the course of our stay we were always greeted with a smile and whatever we needed was provided without question. Jessica at the front desk always had the answers and made sure that our stay was comfortable. Top notch service from a beautiful young lady. The cleaning staff and maintenance crew were just as friendly and helpful. We left on Monday wishing we had one more day, and if we are in the area again, this will absolutely be our first choice. Thank you for making what could have been a really bad weekend, into a relaxing, enjoyable stay for us both.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
I want to start off by saying Thank you for the wonderful review. I will share it with my staff and especially Jessica. Please visit us again in the near future, It's always a pleasure to serve you and your wonderful family. Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

In my case, I didn't have a choice. It was what was available for a meeting in the area. I read the reviews and cringed at the thought of staying here but just hoped for the best. Check-in was quick and easy. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We were directed to our room and upon opening the door to the hallway of rooms, noticed that there were several blowers on down the hallway. Apparently, the hotel cleaned the rugs in an entire bank of hallways and rooms and the carpets were still soaking wet. Upon entering our room, our feet squished into the rug and upon feeling it, realized it too was soaking wet. We had to walk around our room with shoes on. No need to change rooms - they were all the same. With the wet floors came the wet smell. Not pleasant. We had wallpaper falling down due to a previous water problem in the corner of the room and the caulking in the bathroom was all moldy. It is dated and in desperate need of repair. However, all of the staff was great and did what they could with what they had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. I do want to at this time apologize for the carpet cleaning, our staff did work hard on trying to get the carpets cleaned in a timely manner before check ins. We do appreciate your business and are very glad you were pleased with our staff. We do hope you stay with us again and try our new restaurant & bar called "Gibsons Bar & Grill"! have a wonderful day!

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!