“The Whole Package at a Reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
Locust Grove, Virginia
“The Whole Package at a Reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great rooms, nice pool, friendly staff, very comfortable bed, very quite, very near I-91, very good breakfast bar. This motel had everything we look for when we travel. A very good value. We have stayed in several motels in the area and this is one of the best values near the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It was a pleasure to serve you here at the Clarion Inn & Suites in East Windsor. Thank you for your review We are happy that you enjoyed yourselves and cannot wait to have you visit us again in the future!

warm regards,

Cheryl LeBlanc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a quick business trip. Whe the room was ok, a couple stains on the floor was my biggest complaint. The staff was exellent, from the gentleman who checked me in late at night, to the van driver who picked me up at the airport who was very friendly and helpfull with my bags. Would stay here again for sure. And while it is true that the hotel is not right next to the airport, it's about 15 minutes away, the 24 hour shuttle service was exellent.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review. We appreciate your business and are very happy you had a great stay. We have fine restaurants in our local area and also we are happy to say that our own restaurant will be opening this month "Gibsons Bar & Grill"! We look forward to your return in the future.

Peachtree City, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was the best value of the 4 choice hotels during our vacation.
This is an older motel and the rooms are smaller. The bathroom is also very small and the one negative with the room.
The room had all the amenities such as refrigerator, microwave, etc.
It has a great location for the airport with only a ten minute drive. There is a shuttle service to and from the airport, if needed.
We had dinner at a nice family Italian restaurant just around the corner.

Room Tip: there are two floor, if you are older you might want the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for choosing choice hotels for your Family Vacation! We take great pride in our Shuttle Service to & from Bradley airport located only minutes away - We are one of the few hotels in our area that has a 24 hour shuttle service (any time of day or night)! We Thank you again for your review and staying with us at the Clarion Inn & suites - East Windsor. We hope you choose to Vacation again with us in the future, we also have oher packages that you and your family may be interested in such as "Six Flags package" . We hope to see you soon!

Nashville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I are on an East Coast 14 day trip....staying in many different hotels within the Choice Hotel Family. This hotel was the absolute worst hotel I have been in-in 46 years!
1.The hotel restaurant is closed for remodeling---nothing on webpage saying that--not even mentioned at check-in
2. After getting to our room-the bathroom door is a "pocket" door which is broken off the track and cannot be closed! After asking for maintenance or a different room-we were given a different room----only to see the employee on duty to turn around and give that room to the next person in line!!!!!
3. The new room---has a sliding glass door to access a courtyard type area......where there is a large number of people gathered and grilling out----not a common sight for a hotel! It appeared to us that they were living there-but do not know that as a fact!
4. Going out the side door to retrieve some stuff from the car-we are greeted by a young foreign boy telling us that we had to keep the door propped open with a rock so that they all could get in and out!!!! they are secured by key cards for a reason!!!!!!!!!!! no security whatsoever
5. This same group of people that were grilling were outside our room door until about 4 AM being loud-with nothing being done about it by hotel employees.
6. I know this room was discounted and only cost me $60-but I feel that was robbery!!
7. The mattresses were like bricks.
8. Needs an update BADLY! Looks to be the original decor ----late 70's to 80's maybe?
9. The tub was supposed to be a jet tub-didnt even try it as it had some funky looking white stuff around a few of the jets----mold growing in the corners of the shower/tub ledge.
10. Toilet not anchored to floor properly so it moves every time it is used
11. Room was tiny! No real room for luggage other than under the sink.(which was not in the bathroom)
12. Breakfast was not great-this is partly our fault as we waited until the last 45 minutes before heading down---they were packed and the employee had to scramble to keep up. 25-30 people waiting for food and only making 8 eggs at a time.

STAY AT ANY OTHER HOTEL IN THE AREA BUT THIS ONE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
gmclarion2488, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I want to start off by saying Thank you for choosing choice hotels and thabk you for stying at our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. We do take great pride in our service and at this time I would like to apologize for any inconvienience that you experienced with the grilling of a barbecue until 4AM. I was not aware of this and would like to apologize again. If therte is any way I can make it up yo you and your family on maybe the end of your trip. If you could give me a call so we could discuss further, I would love to talk. I can be reached at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to speaking with you.

dorchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed here a few times because of using "Priceline" and that is what the bid gave me. It is the reason I don't bid on what is supposed to be the star level of this hotel anymore. I have stayed at other "Choice Hotels" and they have been wonderful. The rooms are not clean, the only area that is nice is the main hall where you check-in.

Room Tip: try to get a clean room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites in East Windsor. At this time I would like to apologize for any inconvienience that you have stated on your room. have addressed this issue with my housekeeping staff, and they also have apologized. We would love the pleasure of seeing you again in the future, if you would like to contact me directly I would love the opprtunity to give you an upgrade for a future staqy with us. If you would like to call me I can be reached at 860-623-9411 x302. I look forward to speaking with you.

Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had to go to this hotel after a previous hotel room was not available at another hotel. The stay was for one night, but they were very accomadating to me. Room was nice and was big enough to be comfortable. Not huge, but nice. The hot breakfast was good. Not an elaborate breakfast, but still good. Would stay here again if they opportunity arrived.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was truly a pleasure to serve you here at the Clarion Inn & Suites in East Windsor. We are happy that you enjoyed our hot breakfast buffet, which includes a waffle maker, eggs, sausge, bagels, cereals, pastry and much more. We do hope you return in the future and maybe at that time try out our lovely Suites. We look forward to serving you again.

San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I need a cheap room for one night near the airport. Got the Clarion for $42 on priceline. I wanted a room with a flat screen TV. Despite getting the room on P/L, they did accommodated me after 3 room changes (one via a maintenance guy that knew a room that had one).

Pro: comfy bed, spacious room, plenty of hot room in the shower.
Con: the exterior room sink did not have very hot water, no microwave in the room (however, I think this room [#253] was just updated because the mini fridge and flat screen TV were there so that wasn't a big deal (and the other two rooms did have microwaves), old phones (could not set a wake up time manually;had to call the front desk). And the HDTV was not set up for HD viewing and the remote was a generic remote so I could not fix that so I got a 19" screen viewing of Revolution on a 32" screen--too lazy to call the front desk over this).

Extra points: Staff was very, very professional. I left my cell phone in the room but did not notice until I had already returned my rental car. The hotel mailed it back to me (by charging my CC) and I had it back in two days. So I will bump the a point to 4 out of 5.

Room Tip: The bottom floors have both a hallway door entrance and an outdoor entrance (for pool access). For...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for your recent visit to our Clarion Inn & Suites hotel. It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We do take great pride in serving our guests, I am happy we were able to locate your cell phone and returning it to you safely via mail. Our outdoor pool is now open and we do hope you return in the futgure. We look forward to speeing you again.

cleblanc@clarionbradleyairport.com

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!