“Please - Please listen to all the negative reviews” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in East Windsor
San Antonio
“Please - Please listen to all the negative reviews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have never had such a bad room. Bed bugs as soon as I got in felt them and I have never felt them before. Then I read from others that they had them. THE SMELL! Awful. I am here now thinking of leaving and staying in my car. Never done that before. Thankfully I only paid $38. No wonder.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Barrington, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had an exceptional time at the Clarion. Morgan who works the front desk was very helpful, friendly, and accomodating. Breakfast was nice and rooms were clean and well-maintained. I would recommend this hotel too anyone staying in the Hartford suburbs. Will repeat.

Room Tip: ask front desk what type of room you are interested in. They also have suites on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Room and hall way smells from years of smoking. Place needs a complete renovation. Rugs dirty, the wallpaper in the bathroom of the room we stayed in was filthy. Until they clean this place up find some place else to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Orangeburg, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I arrived at the hotel about 11:45pm on September 6th. I checked out 20-minutes later. I was very tired and just wanted to get a good night's sleep in a clean and comfortable place. To begin, the hotel clerk had the incorrect credit card information scanned to my account which needed to be remedied immediately. He gave me my room assignment, which to my surprise was already inhabited by another party. The 2nd room I was given was on the 2nd floor. When going to this room, I felt like I was walking down a hallway fit for a Stephen King movie - dark, dismal, and the feeling that I wasn't alone. When I got into my room, I quickly realized that I was NOT alone. There was mold/mildew growing on the already sagging ceiling of the room and there were bugs in the bed. I refused to stay there and requested a refund. They tried to upgrade me to a suite, but I refused. The hotel has bed bugs!! Another traveler was checking in as I was checking out. I told her to check her bed. Moments later, she was on her way out too - Bed Bugs. The Clarion Inn is a filthy place! Avoid it at all costs!!

Note: This hotel was booked through a bidding website, and I contacted them immediately about my experience. The hotel agreed to refund my money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!! Spend the little extra to stay at a decent and clean hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ohio, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Checked in at midnight thursday, september 6, 2012 only to discover bugs in my sheets and visible mold in the bathroom and on the ceiling. Manager offered to move me to a suite, but that room was also filthy and equally moldy. Avoid at all costs

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a reservation for two nights but only stayed one. I would not have stayed one if it hadn't been so late and I was so tired. This place is a disgustingly dirty pit!! It is so dirty that I wouldn't use the shower. Faucets were corroded and dirty and hair from previous person in tub. All surfaces in the room were dirty. Mirror had splatters that appeared to be from who knows what. The place smelled of cigarette smoke which the perfumey spray couldn't mask. Carpets were soiled and needed cleaning and vacuuming. An absolutely filthy place which I'm surprised is able to keep the Clarion name. I sent an email to Choice hotels regarding the deplorable condition of the place and they responded with an auto email that said they would respond to me in 72 hours. It has now been six days and I haven't heard another word. By the way, I got a room the next morning at the Marriott Courtyard nearby for only $18.00 more and had a very comfortable and clean room.

Room Tip: Stay away from this filthy place. The photos don't show the filth.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I got trapped in Hartford when storms popped up and flights out were delayed and cancelled. Since there was a "chance" for a while I could get out, I did not bail out and get a hotel. Unfortunately, when I determined that I'd have to spend the night, my travel agency told me there were 2 choices, Clarion and I think Econolodge.
I told her that since I was going to get into a cab and go 5 miles to the hotel, I'd rather go 10 more for a better hotel. Stupidly, I let her talk me into the Clarion by saying it was a 3 star hotel and that Clarion properties had improved over the past few years. Dumb me.
It was pretty scary driving up in the shuttle (if I'd have been in a rental or a cab, I'd have done a U turn). Old and run down. The guy at the desk was helpful, but my stomach dropped when he said "sorry, you're on the second floor. We don't have an elevator". I can't imagine how many people at an AIRPORT motel have had to slog insanely heavy bags up those steps. Luckily, I was travelling light.
The hallway to the room smelled like an ash tray but fortunately, the room smelled ok. The room itself was rough, but I will say that the bed was clean and comfortable, and other than stains on the carpet, it was relatively clean for it's age. The wifi worked pretty good, which was shocking.
So, overall, it could have been worse, but it was bad enough.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!