“Lot's of choices” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Old Saybrook, CT
“Lot's of choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I can't believe it's taken me 8 years to finally stop into Flanders Fish since I live so close. But I'm glad I did. I should have known that any restaurant attached to a fish market is guaranteed to have fresh fish, especially when they've been in business for 30 years.

The interior is a bit plain and I didn't care for the lighting. The side salads were quite small, but the food itself was very good. My wife had broiled bay scallops (something we rarely see anymore) and I had their lobster pot pie, reported to be one of Rachel Ray's favorites. It was very good, filled with chunks of lobster, potatoes, peas, celery & zucchini. Our waitress, Tasha, was superb. We'll definitely be back soon.

Somers, Connecticut
“Very Good for relaxed lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been to Flanders Fish Market several times while in town on business. Getting there a little later in the afternoon will provide for a quiet environment. The food always has been fresh and well prepared. I am not the biggest fish fan but always walk away enjoying the meal.

• Visited June 2013
Henrietta, New York
“Young man serving us was quite knowledgeable of his foods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Prices were decent. Food looked really fresh. Good value for the money. We didn't eat in the restaurant as we just wanted to take out purchases home for consumption. They did a good job of preparing our food for our 6- hr drive home.

Brooklyn, New York
“Good, many choices to pick from.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I had the dinner order of steamers, all 2 pounds of it (never enough for me!), they were good, but nothing special, although expensive at $27, IMO. My friend had broiled flounder which was very salty, and came with 1 side. They charge $1 for cole slaw and $2 for a 2nd side dish. Atmosphere is nice, restaurant is clean.

Visited August 2013
Upperco, Maryland
“Soggy Cod, 1 Side, Expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went to Flanders Fish Market for the first time with the family. Cod was soggy. Stuffed Flounder was mediocre. Entrees only came with one side. Expensive. Disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Food