“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Maryland
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Don't be fooled by "East Hartford," as you could almost throw a rock to Hartford. The value is better than a hotel in town, and parking is free. If you want to walk to anything (restaurant, store, etc.), forget it. This hotel is not at all for walking anywhere, unless you work in one of the adjacent offices.

The roads are confusing and you can get on a highway going the wrong way fairly easily, so have a navigator or know what you are doing before you head out. We used the mapping program on our iPad, which helped a lot.

The King room we had was smaller than we typically see in a Hampton, but it was perfectly adequate. It was more like a room you would see in a larger city in terms of size. It was clean and well-maintained, though management would do guests a real favor by not using perfumed cleaning products. It took awhile to clear the air with the AC, after which, things were fine.

The staff seemed younger and less outgoing than the Hamptons we had just stayed in in Poughkeepsie and Lenox, which likely just requires additional training. There was no explanation of wifi, breakfast, etc. Fortunately, we have a lot of experience with the chain, so knew what to do.

We would stay here again. But Hampton, PLEASE get better coffee makers in all your properties. Yours are awful and the coffee is bad.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Hampton In and Suites are our hotel chain of choice and this is one of the best we have stayed in. The rice was excellent. The room was clean, spacious and the bathroom was much larger than your average hotel bathroom. The pool is a very good size but the water was very cold which slightly spoiled the enjoyment. The hotel is just the other side of the bridge from downtown Hartford so we were able to get to our dinner reservation very easily. The breakfast is the usual Hampton Inn fayre, which we happen to like as we can all usually find something we like. However, the breakfast area is very good. Plenty of space and lovely decor. Very modern with different types of seating - tables, high bar type counters, armchairs and sofas. The only negative comment I could make is that the receptionists are not very friendly. Overall we loved our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Hartford.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Croton on Hudson, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The hotel is in a convenient location next to the highway and a walk across a bridge to downtown Hartford. Friendly staff. This hotel was very clean, the room nicely appointed and overall comfortable. The pillows were not too great (too firm), but the bed was very comfortable. For once there was a shower where I did not have to bend down to wash my head and the tub is cast iron, not fiberglass, even though the hotel looks fairly new. The free continental breakfast was very good and fresh. Overall a very good hotel and value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kingston, Jamaica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great price, great rooms, good service, free breakfast. I think this is the best value near Downtown Hartford. The Inn is about a mile from the Downtown Hartford so you're not far. There's a walk bridge across the river that leads to downtown. Free breakfast every day, ok gym - has essentials, nice sized pool indoors (so no snow :-) or cold) also has a laundry room. Staff is pretty good too, not irritated by constant questions etc. There's a guy there @ the front desk, Mike, who's really helpful and patient. Overall good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Maitland, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

After taking the Amtrak Auto Train into VA, I had a long drive towards ME ahead of me. I made a couple reservations along the way as I didn't know how far I would get that day. I am so glad I made it to this hotel and didn't have to stop before. The quality and cleanliness was superb! Very large bathroom and quality linens, towels and amenities. I had some computer work to do before heading out so wanted to bring a bit of breakfast up to my room. I made an english muffin and was gathering my coffee when staff asked if I needed a tray. It was very appreciated! All the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. When I arrived I was concerned that there was no food option nearby, but to the suggestion of the front desk person, I found a Subway just a couple miles away. I was also concerned as my car was loaded with things and I didn't know if that would be a security problem. The parking lot is very well lit so nothing was disturbed.
Free wi-fi was excellent! I am an innkeeper myself so maybe pickier than the regular traveler, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you don't want to go out and just want a light bite, get it before you arrive.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Wolcott
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

The Hampton Inn and Suites in East Hartford is Fantastic! I have spent Twice to Three Times what I paid for a FAR INFERIOR Lodging. The Staff is Well Trained! Those little incidental items left out of the suitcase, they have for free. The Double Queen Studio with a Full Size Sleeper Sofa were all very comfortable. The mini fridge was not your standard square box!
The Bathroom and Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Mouthwash, Moisturizing Lotion were not Bargain Basement Amenities. Free Local Calls make it so easy to make reservations at the many Restaurant. The Walk to Hartford over the Founder Street Bridge is Easy! Steps or Ramps access to the Bridge. The Pool is just right Temperature wise. The Free Morning Hot Breakfast was Substantial. It was served from 06:00 to 10:00. Please consider this property when in the Hartford, East Hartford, CT area. It's very close to I-84, and I-91.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This was the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel to attend a concert at the nearby Comcast Theatre. It was very very clean and comfortable. This hotel is new and very well maintained. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful. The staff was very nice and helpful. It's located right off the highway for easy travel, yet quiet. The price is wonderful too, thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford? Share your experiences!