“3rd floor ice machine louder than ever” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“3rd floor ice machine louder than ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Checked in early on Sat. and was give a room right next to the horrendously loud ice machine. I told the front desk about it last time we stayed there a few months ago and it is even louder. We went back to the desk and requested another room. The only other room was on the 4th floor and was a smoker. We finished checking in and left for a party that we came to attend. Later that night, we returned and had a nice, quiet room on the 2nd floor on the parking lot side.
Breakfast was another story. There were limited selections of bread and pastry and my husband had to ask for more eggs. It seemed that the breakfast room attendant had other things to do. After she minimally filled the containers, she proceeded to make herself a waffle and sit there and eat it at a table. Not too cool there, Comfort Inn

Room Tip: Stay away from the 3rd floor ice machine. Ask for a room on the parking lot side, away from the high...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gary D, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. While we're happy to hear you enjoyed your room, we apologize we did not meet your expectations in all areas. We certainly will work to correct some of the issues you experienced to provide a better experience to our guests. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly. They were also very helpful in getting us directions to various locations. Our room was clean, with no odors and made up every day. The breakfast was more then adequate. We had no problems.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We're happy to provide our guests with clean and comfortable accommoations, exceptional service and a bountiful breakast! We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Hartford area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Sitting in breakfast and a roach was climbing up a wall by the light, a guy came from the front desk I asked him what kind of bug is that he goes "oh that's just a roach, they come and treat the hotel every once in a while" . I woke up Saturday morning went down for breakfast noticed it was not open yet so I sat on the couch outside of the fitness center, the man from the front desk asked if he could help me with something I told him no thanks I'm just waiting for breakfast, he kept bothering me and was like "you can return to your room I can call you when its ready" I didn't want to sit in my room?? Its like I couldnt sit there or something

• Stayed February 2014
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I beleive that one of our newer staff members may have mistaken the insect that you saw. As most hotels, we do regularly, as a preventative measure, have our hotel serviced by a pest control company. Since your title was that your stay was OK, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay but we apologize your stay was not exceptional. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Nice place convenient to the freightliner shop.nice breakfast decent room.had no real issues except maybe not enough t.v.channels. nice king size bed quiet room no odd smells or nasty dust bunnies in the corners. Worth the money I've stayed in much worse over the years.

• Stayed January 2014
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be clean and a good value. We hope to see you again when you are in the area and thank you for staying with us.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stay at Comfort Inns and have a choice prove ledge card, I called for a a Reservation and said I was a AAA Member they quoted me a price, that was a lie we checked in and the bill reflected the standard price, was told a manager would have to issue credit, no manager on duty, how convenient. Then they put us in ROOM 315 right across from the elevator, and the noisiest ice machine, all night the ice machine squealed and dropped ice, the ding from the elevator all night this was the absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had. Kind of like paying someone to beat you up. Then the people that sleep in the lounge is another story, I guess they take care of the homeless, LOL. If I don't get my credit as stated I will post again.

Room Tip: Stay out of 315
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Bill T,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your room was so close to an ice machine as we were quite busy over the weekend and had limited availablity. We were unable to verify other comments and are staffed 24 hours a day with a goal to provide exceptional service and safety. Thank you for staying with us!
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Clean and comfortable room. Very quiet the night we were there. The desk clerk was very friendly. Located directly across the street from Margarita's Mexican Restaurant. Easy access to the highway and a short drive to convenience stores and CVS and Walgreen's. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian G, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Jim,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, and for sharing your experience at our hotel with others on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's convenient location and nearby amenities, and found your room to be clean, comfortable, and quiet. We look forward to seeing you again!

Ian Gordon
Sales Manager
Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford
Latham, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the night before Thanksgiving and I have to admit, we were a bit skeptical when we pulled into a very empty parking lot (two tractor trailers and one car that we assumed was the desk clerk's), and saw how near the highway it was. This is a very nice hotel though. It's clean and modern and very pleasant. The desk clerk was friendly and welcoming; she offered suggestions for dinner (Margarita's across the street...yum!) and how best to cross the street to walk over. The room was very clean and neat, though a bit smaller than many Comfort Inn & Suites rooms, and there was no microwave. The complimentary breakfast was standard CI&S fare, nothing spectacular, but it's good and it's hot and it's right there in the hotel at no extra charge. We were pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was given how near the highway. We would definitely return to this hotel and exlpore more of Hartford.

Room Tip: I don't know if it matters, but the rooms on the left side of the hotel (as you face it from out...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary D, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you found our hotel to be clean, modern and quiet. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites East Hartford? Share your experiences!