“Close to Xfinity Center!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

You added Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 East River Drive, East Hartford, CT 06108 (Formerly Hartford Plaza Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Close to Xfinity Center!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here after a concert at the Xfinity Center - 0.8 miles away, and it is definitely within walking distance. You have to cross a bridge, but there is a pedestrian walkway. Rooms are clean and when we stayed, the hotel was quiet, despite what seemed like too many costumed human beings. Access seemed like it was right off of the highway, and there was plenty of parking.

Stayed July 2014
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Jess B,

Thank you so much for your review of the Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area. I am happy to hear that you had a great weekend, it was indeed an interesting one with all of the "costumed humans" that attended the annual ConnectiCon Convention. They are a fun bunch!

Enjoy your summer,

Johan Liebenberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
mjt184
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Recently stayed here for one night to go to a concert at the Xfinity Theater. It was clean and comfortable. Check in was quick and easy but had an issue with the air conditioning not working when we got to our room. Called the front desk and they had someone fix it in less than 30 minutes. Great location and reasonably priced compared to other hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. The Dave Mathews concert at the Xfinity Theatre was a huge event for the city seeing as it was on the same weekend as Riverfest and all hotels were sold out, I'm glad we could accommodate you.

Enjoy your summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

TOO MANY NICE THINGS TO STAY - Carol Catrini, Renee Denno, Bernice Peltier and Denise Devillez were the perfect assets to our trial team. Not only did they treat our entire team like family, but everyone at the hotel went above and beyond to help make our 7 week stay in Hartford a great experience. Could not have asked for a better group of people. Thank you to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We really enjoyed having your legal team here during the trial. They were a great bunch of people and they became family very quickly. We miss all of them already.

Also, I will make sure to share your compliments with my team.

Thanks again!

Johan
Hicksville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn this week. I am not a big fan of Holiday Inn's in general, but needed something that was close to downtown Hartford. It was a beautiful, reasonably priced property close to downtown (about 3 minutes) which made it very convenient for my co-workers to pick me up. It also offers a free shuttle to take you downtown or pick you up. The decorations were lovely, and I found my room to be fresh and clean. The bed was very comfortable. For breakfast, they offer a great all you can eat buffet of eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, french toast, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, etc. If I need to return to Hartford, I am going to stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the Route 84 side, as it is much noisier than the other side of the property. It al...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Barbara,

I love reading reviews such as yours!! Thank you very much for taking the time to rate our hotel, I am always happy when someone walks in skeptical but out as a loyal customer.

See you soon,

Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel has been nicely renovated recently so a lot of the negative reviews listed here don't really apply anymore. Excellent, safe location with spacious rooms featuring typical amenities for a hotel property of this type. Great for the business traveler with or without a car that wants to stay in the downtown Hartford area as the hotel does feature a shuttle service and convenient access to any major highway within a mile or so. The hotel staff are average, but I have stayed here multiple times as the property has changed brands over the years and have never had a major problem with hotel staff. Overall highly recommended over some of the aging downtown hotels listed at a similar price.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decently spacious and very quiet despite the hotel's proximity to major highwa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Matt,

Thank you for your review and for being such a loyal customer. We truly appreciate you staying with us so frequently, thank you very much for your business.

All the best and have a great summer!!

Oswego, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My complaint as follows:
Sir:

I wanted to bring to your attention about how rude your front desk clerk Sefrada I believe his name is. It started out yesterday when I tried to check in to this hotel. I called at noon time to get a room set up for 4 nights through the company I work for. The women whom I spoke with assured me everything would be faxed over to my company so they can take care of the payment. At 1 o'clock when I arrived, the check in was not done. I had to fax over the paperwork myself to handle this. By this time it was 4 o'clock by the time I checked in. I really didn't appreciate waiting in the lobby area for all this but I dealt with it. Then today when I arrived, I came up to my room 505 to go inside and my card wouldn't work. I came back down to talk with the gentleman Sefrada and it was almost as if he were giving me an attitude saying that I have to re-fax all the credit card information over again. I really didn't understand the problem because this was all set up yesterday. That's what took the 4 hour delay. I am a Platinum IHG member and stay at the Holiday Inn hotels constantly. I have never encountered such inexperienced personnel at this level at one of the other hotels I've stayed at. I'm really not one to complain but this is flat out ridiculous the way I am being treated. I would appreciate some kind of response to let me know that you received this email.

And now at 10pm get kicked out of the hotel when I myself set up a stay here for 4 days. Very ignorant non knowledgable idiot at the front desk.

Sent from my iPhone

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mike,

I apologize for the inconvenience suffered during check-in. Please know that this is not our usual standard. We strive to get every guest checked in as quickly as possible an I am sorry if this was not the case with your stay.

I believe our Front Office Manager has already contacted you but if you need any further assistance in this this regard, please call me on my direct line at 860-528-2305.

Thanks

Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We are finding more and more Holiday Inns seem to have it together. The past few, this one included, have nice properties, reasonable price, and no problems. We found the room clean, roomy, and a well stocked bathroom. Check in/out was without incident and the pool and exercise room were very acceptable. The only flaw I would find for this specific property is that it seems to be in the middle of nowhere thereby requiring you to drive a short to medium distance if you require a place to eat or shop. However, we did find it very convenient to access the downtown area. The big advantage here is that while you do need to drive a short distance, crossing a bridge, to get to the downtown area; you save considerable money over the other hotels in the downtown area. Well worth the short trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Johan L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your review and rating of our hotel. We are delighted you had a great stay and we appreciate your comments!

All the best,

Johan Liebenberg

Been to Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area? Share your experiences!