“Never got our food!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Colchester, Connecticut
“Never got our food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

We went on a Monday night. There were maybe 6 tables filled and none were large parties. We sat for a few minutes before the waitress came with menus and took our drink order - coffee, which we had to wait for because there wasn't any brewed! Now come on, folks-it's dinner time and you don't have coffee ready?
We placed our food order - both items from the regular menu - and waited. Got our coffee after 15 minutes, got some rolls after 20, watched while the 3 tables near us who had ALL come in AFTER us get their appetizers, then their food, while we were told how our order would "be right out."
After 45 minutes we got up, asked for the bill ($0 because of the wait) and left.
If I could give negative stars I WOULD. AVOID THIS PLACE unless you love waiting while others eat.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Didn't wow me.. but ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We recently checked out the latest incarnation of this local pub which used to be my go-to place for a good burger. However, this time we decided to order dinners instead of burgers. I ordered the scallops with corn risotto and my wife ordered the fish and chips. The scallops were cooked spot on, juicy and not rubbery and the risotto was creamy with a nice sweet corn flavor. However, the fried fish was seriously lacking seasoning and we clearly overcooked and dried out. However, the worst part of our meal was the water we drank. The water had a horrible taste. I'd probably say this place is best for beer and burgers.

• Visited October 2012