“Something Different” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Something Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a great little place to grab breakfast. The crepes are wonderful and the menu has something for everyone. The potatoes that come with your order are variable - sometimes excellent and other times inedible. Great place to go for a business breakfast or take an hour to have coffee and read the newspaper. Outdoor dining is wonderful looking out over the Coginchaug valley. The owners are very "green" - everything is recycled.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durham, Connecticut
“Crepes and Omelets that are second to none”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The crepes are what you come for, but the rest of the menu is why you come back. Everyone has their favorites (mine is the Provence D'Lite). The coffee is superb, and owner Melissa makes the place special. A real treat.

Visited January 2013
“Used to be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The food has gotten progressively worse in the last two years. They can throw together a better egg and cheese at a diner for half the price. I have no problem waiting for my food but not if the time it takes to make it doesn't match the quality.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointed all around”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been here several times over the past year and a half and usually really enjoy the food and service. Today was the worst service and experience i have ever had at Perk.
First off the coffee area was not stocked. No creamer/milk or sugar at all so we had to ask for refills. Got our food and realized we didn't receive the potatoes that usually come with the meals. When asked we found out they didn't have any cooked and weren't offered an alternatives but were still charged the original price. During our meal we realized that the building was being over ridden with bugs (flies and a huge Bee). Although the food was decent, what we actually received anyways, we are very disappointed with the quality and service we have received today. It seems as if the staff that were working just don't care anymore and are really just there to hang out and chat with one another.
It may be a very long time before I return to Perk on Main in Durham based solely on today's experience. It's just sad that this cute little place seems to have given up on their quality.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
northford
“bad dirty and unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have had anything but a great experience at this cute little place, The kid behind the register was on her phone reading a txt while I waited to be adked for my order and It is dirty~ I saw the girl who looked like she needed a hairnet cooking ground beef next to my eggs on the same griddle then used the spatula to turn over some other item she was contaminating. The floor is dirty and when I sat on the sofa the dirt in between the seats was unbearable. I will never stop there again.

• Visited April 2012