“Food is excellent, a little pricey.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Northern NJ
“Food is excellent, a little pricey.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food at the Time Out is really very tasty. The atmosphere is nice and the service pleasant. They have a great selection of beers. The only issue is they are priced a little higher than similar restaurants in the area. Of course, you have to take fuel costs into consideration as this restaurant is very conveniently located for those that live in Durham.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cheshire, Connecticut
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The menu is fairly limited and the sirloin I ordered was rather tasteless, but the house wine was good.

Visited January 2014
Durham, Connecticut
“UPDATED REVIEW! I take back my review of 1/16/12!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just came home from a visit with a group of girlfriends celebrating a birthday. I must note that we were meeting for a drink at 8:15 (after the dinner crowd). I have never been treated so rudely in my whole life at a restaurant. Further, the waitstaff was helpful and apologetic for the rudeness of the OWNERS (Jack and his wife.).
Although the venue is little more than a sports bar on one side and a restaurant on the other, they seemed offended that we merely wanted to toast our friend, relay the weekly gossip and drop a quick $120 at the establishment.
We are regular customers and could not believe how we were treated.
The owner himself told us they were NOT A BAR, and next time we could go somewhere else. We will do so. I will not return. It will be worth the drive to Middletown, Wallingford or New Haven next time. I am only rating this a one star because it is the lowest rating. Doesn't even deserve that.

CT
“Three seating areas!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We love eating outside on the covered patio in the good weather. It's very comfortable and because of the roof, you don't have to worry about impending rain. During the cold months, the bar offers plenty of seating with a lighter fare menu and the dining room is always open and has a varied menu that offers some sophisticated appetizers and other surprises. I have never had a meal/sandwich there that I didn't enjoy . The dining room prices may be a little "metropolitan" for the area, but you can always choose the lighter fare menu, or skip the appetizer. Everything is delicious and we too find the staff friendly and attentive. Great choice for a quick sandwich or a special occasion.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Connecticut, USA
“Limited, overpriced menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice enough place (the space and layout are great), but for what they charge I'd be expecting better quality food. Menu is not overly appealing--limited and lacks variety. A mishmash of offerings. Being as others say, one of the only places in town, I'd expect more. I've lived in town for 5 years and barely ever go here. Think they're trying too hard. Durham's idea of fancy.

• Visited September 2012