“Disgusting rooms, crazy owners.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn - Dayville

Budget Inn - Dayville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dayville
Budget Inn - Dayville
You added Budget Inn - Dayville to your Saves list
771 Hartford Pike, Dayville, CT 06241   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dayville
“Disgusting rooms, crazy owners.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Registered for a week's stay. During the phone registration I mentioned that I have 2 small dogs. The gentleman on the phonaboutd this is no problem. When I arived I once again mentioned my dogs, again the same gentleman told us this was fine and that they were "pet friendly". When we got to our room the room was VERY small, was covered in filth, had a clearly broken bathtub, had broken furniture, mold in the mini fridge, and smelled so bad that I began to dry heave. I went to the desk and asked for another room. He obliged and gave me a new room. This room was just as dingy but slightly larger and didn't smell quite as bad. So we excepted it.The next morning as I walked out to the car the manager walks over to me and asks if I have a dog. I say yes And she says "we don't alow dogs here. You have to leave. I tell her we made their presence known to the gentleman last night, and she says "absolutely not" she then starts to yell at me telling me that they only allow pets in the nasty room and says... and I'm quoting here... "If you want to stay you must take that room, and if you do you need to jiggle the nob on the bathtub because it is broken". I then tell her what it did to me and she says... again a quote... "it's not my fult you can't tolerate the smell". She then offers to give me a refund for the rest of the week. When we go to the office she then states that she is deducting $68 for the previous night. I do some quick calculation and tell her it shouldn't be be that much and she tells me she is charging me a pet fee. I was about to fight her but decided it was far better to get as far from that place as possible.

• Stayed April 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had been there for week time and had nice time,with affordable rate ,very co-operative ......had a nice hill view, Shoping mall near BUDGET INN make my day .......i would like to come once again ,,special thanks to Mack Patel for making my stay memorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Good place to come hang your hat while being on the road. Friendly family owned place. Don't know so much about all these negative reviews, but it was a very pleasant stay. Quiet area for restful sleep with shopping center nearby!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lake George, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The smell was so bad of dog and smoke and that was supposed to be a new non smoking room. Couldnt even stay the night the smell was so bad. Sheets and linens all dirty and smell so bad. Would not recommened to anyone

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Couldn't believe how filthy it was!! Open the door and smell would knock you off your feet!! Pushed the shower curtain back,,mold growing in the tub,,and the bathroom flooring was a complete mess under the toilet,,the toilet was messed up,,the towels were brownish/gray. Managers had a small dog running around barking at everyone,,office smelt of dog urine!! Dresser draws didn't close,,was falling apart,, Wouldn't refund our money!! Needless to say,,we didn't stay,,wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

The property is nice, but they never bring you new towels or clean the rooms. It was clean on my arrival, but the maid was only sent once in a 7 day period.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Worcester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

The room was ok, not great. The woman came in the morning to say my debt card didn't approve right. She needed it again. Hey MOST people are honest. I was charged twice and when I called they assured me they would correct the mistake. It has been two weeks and no credit and no phone call that was promised. Now I have to somehow get my bank to fix this rip off.
What is worst than that!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Inn - Dayville? Share your experiences!