“Amazing service” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
“Amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

We were travelling from NYC to Boston and stopped at the Crowne Plaza Danbury for a night. The hotel itself is great, clean, comfortable, great wifi, great food etc. What was really outstanding was the staff, when we checked in, the clerk was friendly, kind etc. (didn't get her name). When we went back on our trip, we were almost in Boston when I realised that we had left our passports back at the hotel! I rang around couriers (because that's what we would do back home) we were quoted $450+ for our passports to be couriered to us! When I rang the Crowne Plaza Ursula organised our passports to be FedEx'd to us, for the time we needed them (flight the next day). I am so grateful to her, she saved us so much stress, A+ service!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have been to many hotels in all the surrounding states. Crowne Plaza in Danbury is by far the best one. The rooms are great. The food is incredible. The heated pool and the weight room far exceeds any other hotel. Jay bar in the hotel has unbelievable food every drink you could ever want and they play rockin music all day long. The staff here is great. everytime I'm in Danbury Crowne Plaza is where I will be staying!! 5 stars all the way!!##

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Alexander P, Manager at Crowne Plaza Danbury, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear John M.,

Thank you so much for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to write such a stellar review. Our staff works hard to give out the best services for all of our guests and it is truly a cause for celebration when these efforts are noticed and appreciated. We look forward to serving you in the future, please visit us anytime.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My room was very spacious. The beds and pillows were super comfortable. I am going to try and purchase their pillows. Was there for a work conference and everything went smoothly. Heard of no issues from my coworkers

Room Tip: Great resaurants in the area. Tried Spasi's, The Marketplace and Rosie Tomorrow's. Had gre...
Dear jelmail,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for writing such kind words about our hotel. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your room, and I am glad that you found the bed so comfortable. We take pride in giving our guests a good night's rest. Please come back and visit us soon, we would love to serve you again.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I got a Priceline Express deal for this place, figuring that since not much was located within walking distance of downtown, it would be fine (I usually like to leave the car if possible). As it turns out, a few great restaurants were just down the road (highly recommend Market Place) so it turned out to be quite convenient, esp. for getting back on 84. One small problem - when I called I was told that we had two double beds but it turned out to be a king. We were going to make due but quickly got a call from the manager who brought us keys for the room a floor below with two beds. Didn't really do much other than shower and watch some TV there but it was big, clean, had a good shower and they carried nice products. Would have been nice to have a fridge and the ice machine on our floor didn't work.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Joanie881,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to see that you had an overall good stay. I am sorry for the miscommunication in your room type but I am glad that we were able to accommodate you accordingly. I also wanted you to know that we are fixing all of our ice machines, we appreciate you letting us know. We do also have fridges available for our rooms, you can ask for them at check-in. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you visit us again soon.
Gleeson. AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

No issues with this property. Attended a business meeting for four days. Utilized conference rooms, bar area and large group dinner one evening in the ballroom. The staff was amazing from the minute you checked in. Everyone that worked at this property seem to take pride in what they did, not matter what role they played. Rooms were large, comfortable and clean. I would stay here again if travels brought me to Danbury, CT.

Dear Greg B.,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the opportunity to write such wonderful words about our hotel. You are definitely correct in saying our staff takes pride in their work and we appreciate when that pride is noticed. Please come back to our hotel soon, we would love to serve you again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Danbury for two nights, mid-May, 2015 (a Friday and Saturday night). I booked with the hotel 800 number directly. Check in was efficient, room appeared at first glance to be clean (more on the cleanliness of the room later).

We went to the pool on Saturday and it was lovely. Great pool, great mural, nice lounge area around pool with a wonderful view of the trees. Two problems with the pool: One is that it was not heated, so for the kids it was great because kids don't usually mind cold pools, but for adults, it was like the Arctic and we said no thanks, we'll just sit poolside. Two, the pool area did not appear to be accessible via elevator, which means that someone in a wheelchair would probably find it very hard to get to.

Saturday night we had dinner in the restaurant, Jay's Tavern. It was early when we went in. The waiter was good, friendly, food was decent. Not a huge menu but good food and everyone was happy. Prices of beer were not high, the wings were great, the kids' menu items were very good quality and a decent value ($10 includes drink and dessert) and I was pleasantly surprised to find this restaurant is a nice, cool contemporary retreat in Danbury and now on my list of possible restaurants I'd consider returning to.

I returned later and the poor waiter was running around by himself. There was other staff at the bar and one man who appeared to be a waiter did not seem to be waiting on anybody, just standing around. The waiter was running and looking hectic.

There were some other events in the hotel going on at the same time, and there were a lot of people sitting around in the lobby and elsewhere. Breakfast was included with my stay, and on Saturday morning it was very pleasant. The Fusion Cafe, where breakfast is located, was peaceful and all of the food stations were filled with food. Hot breakfast buffet included scrambled eggs, a quiche-like thing, sausage, bacon, potatoes, make your own waffle, plus in the cold section they had fresh fruit, pastries, bread to toast and cereal and yogurt.

On Sunday morning, when all of the guests who attended the Saturday events were at breakfast, the line was long and there were only 3 waiters (two men and a woman) who were overwhelmed. The restaurant was so obviously short-staffed it was sad and I felt bad for the staff. The food was running out and the waiters were busy seating people, serving coffee and juice, refilling the empty food stations and clearing and setting tables. Whoever is in charge of staffing the hotel did a bad job, because what was occurring was unacceptable. The three waiters were too busy to do everything, so there were people waiting for more cold food, fruit getting empty, pastries getting empty, people waiting for the waffle batter to be refilled, people waiting for more hot food to be refilled, people waiting to be seated and waiters running around like crazy. Breakfast on Saturday took me about half the amount of time as it took on Sunday and that was due solely to the staffing shortage because of the crowd.

When we were in the room packing up, my daughter looked behind the chair in the corner and said it looked like cat throw-up. I went there and took a look and sure enough, there were two dried up piled of what appeared to be cat throw up behind the chair. It was obvious that the cleaning lady does not move the chair when she vacuums the room. The carpet also had about a dime-sized piece of squished red gummy candy in the rug. I stepped on it several times and wondered if the cleaning staff saw it and just overlooked it due to being rushed. Other than that, the room and the bathroom was clean. I'm wondering if the cleaning staff is short-staffed like the hotel's restaurant staff is.

All in all, this is a decent hotel but whoever does the staffing needs to pay closer attention to events that might overwhelm the already busy staff. Maybe they should call in extra help when there are big events at the facility. They have a nice facility with a great pool (even though it's a bit cold) and that's a plus for people staying with kids.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear KittensMom313,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. All of our guests' feedback is important to our staff in our ongoing efforts to better our services for the future. I am glad to see that you enjoyed Jay's Bar for its food and service and that your check-in was efficient. I want to ensure you that the problems you faced during your stay was not a normal occurrence for our property. I have passed your comments off to the Executive Housekeeper as far as the room cleanliness goes, I also spoke to the Food and Beverage Management about staffing for large groups. We have taken your comments into careful consideration and thank you for passing this along so that we can fix them. Please come again and give us the opportunity to serve you better.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service provided was beyond excellent .The set up was exotic, elegant and classy.The staff was super efficient and helpful.I would Highly Recommend this place for your future events ..The staff is absolutely professional and humble.I would do all my future events at this place .

Dear Jay M,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the opportunity to write such kind words about our hotel. Our staff takes pride in their work and it is truly a cause for celebration when our work is appreciated. Please come back and host your next event with us, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Been to Crowne Plaza Danbury? Share your experiences!