“Okay To Pass” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Groton, Connecticut
“Okay To Pass”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I do not seem to have luck with Crowne Plaza brand. This could be too wordy so will attempt to be brief. Approach to parking and parking area littered; "dirtblower" guy unaware of motorists and potholes to "rearrange" car alignment. Request for quiet area landed me a below average room at the elevators. I am a Platinum member. Took this matter to front desk and the Front Desk Mgr. offered a different room which I accepted. No recognition of Platinum status. This was addressed next am upon my departure. I will add that the hotel and its parking lot was not busy. I was not aware that newly assigned room was executive level until departure. Certainly nothing about the room would have been considered executive. Notes of "oldness" pervade property and elevators need work.

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tijeras, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

At breakfast, I learned I wasn't a morning person. My business-paid room came with a free 'full' breakfast, enabled with a breakfast card. It is a nice breakfast buffet, with lots of things, including delicious scrambled eggs that look like scrambled eggs. The sign says "Please wait to be seated". Why? There was nobody there to seat me. The breakfast staff has not figured out how to deal with single business people. They think that each wants to sit at a separate table, but each table is capable of holding 4. So the eating area was full, at 1/4 capacity, and they wanted to put me in a corner. I refused, wanting to sit in the middle so I could see the TV. But the only available middle table held 6 or 8 people. I sat down and ate there anyway. When done, the bill for $15.90 came, even though the card was laying on the table. I asked him what he wanted me to do with the bill. He said to fill out both the card and the bill. This is annoying to this newly-discovered non-morning person. I DON'T WANT A BILL IF I HAVE A BREAKFAST CARD. (management, did you read that?) If you're trolling for tips, put up a sign saying something like "Tips are appreciated" next to a tip jar at the entrance.
To alleviate the capacity problem, where 1 person uses a table meant for 4 people, I think they should put a row of tables side-by-side across the middle, and individual 4-person tables on the outer edges. Change the sign to "Please seat yourself". Most of the adults that eat breakfast there will figure it out, and enjoy polite greetings with the stranger seated nearby. This was the breakfast buffet layout at the Hampton Inn next to La Guardia airport a day later.
The front desk staff is very friendly and competent. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent (excellent!) with good service and good food. The room was nice; bed was comfy. Very quiet hotel, even though I was on the side with the freeway (8th floor).
The tennis courts had no nets (really!). Hopefully, this hotel will buy a couple nets and offer tennis rackets to borrow (for free) if someone wants to play tennis. Good tennis rackets cost less than $15 at the thrift stores. I stayed at a resort in Hawaii that did this.
I'll stay there again; but, if they don't have their complimentary breakfast thing worked out, I'll look elsewhere. This was my first stay at this hotel in Danbury, but my 4th trip to Danbury.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Alexander P, Manager at Crowne Plaza Danbury, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear JohnPlaya,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy our services. We will take your review as a learning tool and we will continue to work on our services. Again, thank you.
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Spent one night at the hotel on a business trip. Room was acceptable but food service in the Fusion and room service was well below acceptable. Room service order placed and verified. After one hour called to ask when food would be delivered. They didn't note room number so they basically didn't fill the order. Told me another 45 minutes since the bar service was the priority not the room deliveries. When it did arrive food was cold. Next am the Concierge Room was not ready at 6:30am as stated so went to Fusion. Bagels stale, food average service for coffee refills terrible.
Net there has to be a better option or pack your own food.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Ron R.,

Thank you so much for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. As a staff, we appreciate any and all guest feedback as a learning tool for our efforts in service excellence. I am so sorry to see that we did not fulfill our promise in providing our best services for you. Please let us serve you again and give us the opportunity to show you a better time.
Columbia, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had to find overnight accomodations and decided to try a blind reservation through a website. We didn't know where we would be until the reservation was finalized. We chose a 3.5 star hotel and were very glad when it was the Crowne Plaza as, historically, it's a good place to stay. The danbury locale did not disappoint. Even with the discounted rate we were given a king sized bed on one of the upper most floors. The bathroom is a bit tight but other than that, no complaints. We would stay there again.

Stayed April 2015
Dear Kate S.,

Thank you so much for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to write such an awesome review of our hotel. Please come see us again soon, we would love to serve you.
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rooms and bar area have been recently renovated and are pretty nice, breakfast area and elevators need some additional work, also you should ask for a room facing the opposite side of the highway, too much noise comes from it specially in the morning where I84 is very busy.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Alexander P, Manager at Crowne Plaza Danbury, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Cucarachos,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and giving us the opportunity to serve you, We appreciate any and all guest feedback as a learning tool for our strive for service excellence and we will use your review in our ongoing efforts.
Watertown, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

This hotel appears to be recently updated. The elevators on the other hand can use a face lift. Overall our room was spacious, quiet and clean. It had all the extras one comes to expect from the Crowne Plaza brand. My only other complaint is that the service in the bar restaurant was on the slow side. The overall net is that I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael V,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry to see that there were a few kinks in our services for you during your stay but we are glad that you enjoyed your time here overall. Please come visit us again soon.
Melville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Teh hotel has been recently updated and is very nice on the inside. his place is very clean. The lobby, restaurants, and bar are all very attractively decorated. The food in the bar was good, and they had a nice selection of draft & bottle beer, as well as a decent selection of scotch. The room was really great, clean with very comfortable beds. I recommend getting a room on the Executive floor. It's not much more expensive and they have nice walk in showers in those rooms. The only thing that is not so nice about the hotel is the outside, it looks like prsion, but the inside is really nice especially for the low price (free wifi and free newspaper). Also, the breakfast buffet had really fresh items, the frut was great, but the "scrambled eggs" were fake eggs - real eggs could be made to order but would need to be purchased separate from the buffet price.
Overall, a really nice hotel that I will definitely stay at again if I'm ever back in the area..

Room Tip: Get an room on the executive floor.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear GiovanniMinaldo,

Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Danbury and for taking the time to review our hotel. These reviews are a very important tool that our staff uses in order to better ourselves and we appreciate any and all feedback given. We are so excited that you seem to thoroughly enjoy our hotel and our staff and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Crowne Plaza Danbury? Share your experiences!