“First Rate Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Willington
“First Rate Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

After a negative stay at the #1 rated hotel in Danbury - I tried #2 rated hotel - Crowne Plaza Danbury. What I discovered is the ratings are not always correct. The Crown Plaza is by far the better choice.

The employees are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are clean - I am very picky and typically find something housekeeping has missed in every room I stay in but I did not find any thing out of place here! Very Happy with my choice to switch hotels.

Room Tip: IF in doubt for a hotel in Danbury Ct - Stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christopher C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Danbury, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Eric J,

It is so rewarding hearing this feedback! Thank you for sharing your experience at the “Crowne Plaza Danbury” with the tripadvisor community! Exceeding expectations is our goal and we will be sure to share your comments with our entire team! Please feel free to reach out directly the next time you are seeking accommodations in the Danbury area. The team at the Crowne Plaza Danbury will be more than happy to share other features and amenities we have to offer!

Christopher Calo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This hotel is very nice after the renovations. We stayed here over the summer when we lost power and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The bathroom was immaculate as well.
They did a great job renovating this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Semmas,

We at the “Crowne Plaza Danbury” are always glad to help during an unexpected time of need!
Your positive feedback regarding our recent renovation is greatly appreciated! Your recognition of our attention to detail from our guest rooms and facilities to our newly remodeled restaurant and bar "Jays" makes us realize our investment in improving the property has really made the impression we intended! We hope to be at your service in the future!

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Crowne Plaza Danbury for 8 days in December on government business. This hotel meets all of my requirements: it is very clean, updated and comfortable with decent service. Beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet and stylishly updated with good amenities. Unique shower, but it works fine. The food in the restaurant is consistent and good quality, especially the salmon and the fillet. Meeting rooms are convenient and modern. Definitely one of the better Crowne Plaza properties I have stayed in for a while.

There is only one issue, which could be a problem in the winter. The driveway entrance to the hotel is very steep, narrow and easy to miss. There is a blind spot entering the driveway from the east (coming from Hartford). I can imagine it being very slippery with any amount of snow or ice. I'm not sure how the hotel can fix this but it is worth exploring. Otherwise, I would gladly recommend this hotel in you are staying in the Danbury area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Christopher C, Manager at Crowne Plaza Danbury, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear MaineBillyboy,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are doing everything possible to make sure that you have the most comfortable experience while staying at the all new Crowne Plaza Danbury! Everything from our chic décor to the upgraded amenities is there to make your experience one of a kind. At Jays Bar we have combined delicious food and excellent service to make for an incredible dining experience. Thank you again from Danbury’s “place to meet!”

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice job on refurbishing the hotel. Rooms are nice although you cannot run the shower without getting wet. Nice staff. Poorly stocked bar. Never picked up my breakfast order so i was late getting put. Be great with a little more attention to the details

• Stayed January 2013
Dear ReeveC,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us. We will be sure to address your concerns and appreciate your assistance in helping us become Danbury’s #1 hotel.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference. I was very impressed by the modern details and cleanliness of this hotel. The staff was nice and helpful. The rooms were immaculate and gorgeous. The only annoying part was I could hear a baby crying from another hotel room at night-but that could happen in my apartment building, too. I also developed some weird allergy to the sheets-I think. My husband didn't experience the same thing and we shared a bed-so therefore, I assume it was me. And no one else on the conference mentioned anything, either.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Malkig,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the all new Crowne Plaza Danbury. Our newly renovated hotel boasts modern charm combined with functionality. We had comfort in mind when creating our unique spacious guest rooms that provide pillow-top mattresses and plush pillows as well large workspaces and ihomes. Also, upon your next visit please feel free to request a “hypoallergenic room” that we use special cleaners for people with sensitivities. Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Danbury, Danbury’s ”place to meet!”

Beacon, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We attended a New Year's eve wedding at this hotel. The food was excellent and the banquet room spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel has been renovated and it is beautiful. The room was spacious and bed in the room was very comfortable, the bathroom was updated and the room was also very clean. The rate was very reasonable. We had meal in the hotel restaurant that was delicous and the buffet breakast was also great. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kimmijac,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the all new Crowne Plaza Danbury! Our 26,000 square feet of function space underwent a complete renovation and the designers left nothing out. Our space is perfect for any event ranging from birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs to weddings. Our Food and Beverage staff is always prepared to make your dining experience a memorable one. We take pride in knowing that you had a great experience and will make sure to pass this along to the team that makes it all possible. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Danbury, Danbury’s “place to meet!”

Salt Point, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Danbury Crowne Plaza to attend a conference. Although I've been to Danbury many times, i was unfamiliar with this hotel The Danbury Crowne Plaza is a recently remodeled hotel and rebranded. The hotel was very clean, the rooms bright, and the catered food door the event was very good. The lunches that were provided were impressive. The room was very large, almost too large for the newly appointed furnishings. The hotels creates very high expectations. I did have two disappointments during my stay though. One was with my room never being made up the first night of my stay that was not resolved until 730pm, and after 3 requests to hotel staff. Second, I had hoped to have breakfast in my room before my conference, and the hotel staff never picked up my order two nights in a row. In my eyes, these two issues are "growing pains" and not show stoppers. I would certainly go back to this hotel and look forward to future event here.

Room Tip: This hotel is right off Rt 84 but is a little tricky to get to because of the way it is situated on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Danbury? Share your experiences!