“A New Low--Cockroaches In The Bed” 1 of 5 stars

Super 8 Danbury
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3 Lake Avenue Extension I-84, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Portland, Maine
“A New Low--Cockroaches In The Bed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yes, the room smelled funky and musty, yes the light switch placement was ridiculous, but there were good things--- the window opened, there was a microwave, coffee pot, fridge, tv. All fine. Until I was reading in bed and a cockroach came by. For $95 ($80 plus $14 in tax) I expect a vermin free bed.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
super8danbury, General Manager at Super 8 Danbury, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
After looking and researching from Super 8 Data base Mike C from Brunswick Maine has never stayed with us,
As for as pest are concerned we have contract with pest control company they come once a month and also when needed to check rooms and apply pest control products we have full time maintenance person whose responsibility is also to keep vigilant about the pest and other maintenance issues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

When I first pulled up the outside was decent looking. When you first walk into the building that's when it went down. There was papers on the walls with writing. Other than that it was okay in the lobby. One thing I didn't like is that when I asked about late check out, I was told it costs $10/hr. maybe it's me but I've never heard of or have been charged for late checkout. If the hotel isn't booked you can usually check out later at no extra charge - strike 1.

We had a smoking room and although the hotel said it had remodeled some rooms, this was not. There was a little old tube TV - probably 20". The sink in the bathroom didn't turn off properly, you had to maneuver the handle a certain way for it to cut off. The shower didn't have handles to hang face clothes on. The room was clean and we did have a microwave and fridge. There was this weird little hole in the wall that gave me the skeeves. We covered the hole.

Later on I realized I needed an iron so I called to the front desk since there wasn't one in the room. I was told they don't have irons - WHAT??? What kind of hotel doesn't have an iron, strike 2.

They have one ice machine in the whole building, it is in the breakfast room. They have only one elevator but since its only four floors using the stairs isn't bad. The next day I didn't expect much from the breakfast since it was free. Their website says they have yogurt and I think fruit but it wasn't out. I went down at 8am and there was plenty of food. I went down at 8:45am and there was pretty much nothing so get there well BEFORE 9am even though breakfast is 6-9am. I asked the front desk clerk if more food was. Going to be put out and she said the woman that cares for the kitchen wasn't in yet, so I said "that means no?" Then she went and got more waffles reluctantly.

The 3rd strike is that I'm waiting for my email receipt STILL! The reason I say it felt like a dive was because the carpet was very dirty looking with cigarette stains. The bed linen also had cigarette holes. The bathroom looked old and faded like a club bathroom. The people staying in the hotel looked like the "sneak off and get a little bit" type. There were women walking in our hallway wearing lingerie at all times of the day.

The location is excellent. It's easy on easy off. The hotel is behind a gas station, next to Dunkin Donuts, and a little bit away from McDonalds. We went to Applebee's which is less than 10 minutes away and so is the Danbury Mall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pampa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff here at the Super8 are very nice, friendly, & helpful. The room is very neat & clean. I have enjoyed staying with them. They do have breakfast for the customers who do stay. If they are out of anything in the breakfast room all you need to do is go ask or it. They are real good & quick to get it for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Danbury? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Danbury

Address: 3 Lake Avenue Extension I-84, Danbury, CT 06811
Location: United States > Connecticut > Danbury
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Danbury 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Danbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Danbury Hotel Danbury
Super Eight Danbury
Danbury Super Eight
Danbury Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Danbury, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.