“very disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Maron Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added Maron Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Maron Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   42 Lake Avenue Extension, Mill Plain Road, Danbury, CT 06811   |
Ranked #14 of 14 hotels in Danbury
Fairfield, Connecticut
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I didn't like the hotel from the moment I pulled in the parking lot...which is semi-shared with Stop & Shop. The lobby was probably the nicest part of the hotel. The staff was friendly and courteous but the accomodations were less than desireable. The carpet was ripped, stained, and everything in the room looked very cheap and junky.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Dark, dirty and outdated. Looks like an office building that was converted to rooms. Staff looks mortified working there. This property is in need of some newly updated furnishings and paint. The rooms are dark and gloomy. The carpeting in the rooms is old and stained. The parking garage is not lighted and poses a safety risk. The people working there seem to have no choice. Other guests felt the same way. Perhaps a complete overhaul is in order. What are the owners thinking? I didn't feel like there was an hospitality and no attention to detail. The price was on par with other branded hotels in the area. I couldn't get a reservation at any of those. So I was stuck at this unsightly mess of a place and couldn't wait to get out of there!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay. Trust me.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel. I had a great room, excellent customer service. I just read some bad reviews, which make the hotel look bad, however it seems those bad reviews are from the same wedding party. The hotel gets booked for a reason, it is because they have an excellent reputation. I believe Mary Elizabeth is the woman who runs the hotel, and she treated me like I was home. Actually, I have my son three days and nights a week, and he also loved it. Whoever is reading those wedding party reviews, I guess they should be looked at as one poor review, because the numerous reviews said the same things from the same wedding party. In the past I threw my brothers bachelor party in the Vivo Bar and Grill area of the establishment, and that was also excellent. I dont know, maybe I am different than others, but I will continue to stay at this hotel. Keep up the good work. My name is Paul V from the Danbury area, and from what I know of Mary Elizabeth, she works very hard and runs a great place to stay and she has been very hospitable, especially in the hectic weeks of Sandy (Hurricane).

Room Tip: My son actually said he felt like he was on a cruise ship, because he loves vacationing and to him i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oswego, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had limited choices of where I could stay in Danbury, so I booked this hotel in spite of what I read in the reviews. Maybe it was becuase I was expecting the worst, but it was fine. I arrived on Thanksgiving evening, at about 5:30. THere was a young man at the desk who was very pleasant and friendly. He had my reservation ready, it took less than 3 minutes to check in. He volunteered info if I wanted to get a snack (the hotel restaurant was closed because ot the holiday). I had a suite, which was very spacious. Yes, it is most definately in need of updating, but very clean, which is probably the most important thing to me. As a matter of fact, I was happily surprised that the bed linen smelled like it just came out of the dryer. Maybe I just got lucky, but everything was fine and I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We came to Danbury for a wedding from Vermont. We arrived at 1:15 and were told that the room was not ready but she took our phone number and she said she would call us when it was ready. We said fine - could we use the fitness center and the gal said yes. We found bathrooms, changed and headed to the fitness center. Unfortunately the machines were many, many years old and really not very functional. We ended up heading outside to walk instead. When we returned at 2:00 we checked with the gal and she said no it was not ready - closer to 2:30. The other person (who we would come to learn was the manager - mary beth) said if people stopped asking us questions they might get their room faster. I was a bit taken aback, but decided to just sit on the couch and wait. In the mean time many others were checking in and the service continued to deteriorate. The manager was so rude and people were just asking when the rooms might be ready. At 2:50 still no room and someone offered for me to shower in the groom's mother's room as she had left and they had just done so. I went up and was soon joined by the groom's mothers sister and her daughter and daughter-in-law. I finally finished getting ready about 3:30 and headed down and Neil still did not have a room (he had been waiting in the lobby). Just as i got there he was given a room key - we go to the room and someone elses clothing (a ladies) are in teh room - we were given someone elses key). I must say that people who were given rooms before Neil arrived way after we did - we were not very happy! Neil stayed in the room to change as the bus was leaving promptly at 4:00 and I got in line. What I saw while waiting in line was embarrassing. There were 5 people behind the counter trying to get poeple in their rooms but one after another people were returning saying there were beer bottles and/or cigarettes or simply the rooms were not clean. Then Mary Beth starts saying very loudly - 'who did this' refering to some paperwork. One of the gentlemen behind teh counter tried to say that it's not important who did what right now, we need to get people in rooms. She said " I want to talk toyou in the back". How unprofessional is all I have to say. I finally asked for a piece of paper let them know I was checked into room 207, but it was someone elses room and that we would be back after the wedding and we certainly hoped a clean room would have our name on it. We got back at 11 and all was fine for us. We had a key and it worked and there were no other clothes in our room. Our friend Mary Beth was still there and still very cranky. I should let you know I have never taken the time to do a review before - but this service was the worst service I have ever witness and expeinced in my 58 years of being on this earth! I don't know what Mary Beth's problem was, but one huge apology was due from her to all the CUSTOMERS she enountered that day. Thanks for listening!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were here for on a wedding package. When we stopped by early to ask about the checking time we the manger yelled at us that check in was 3, not sooner. We mentioned the wedding was at 5:30 and asked what time the shuttle service, which the hotel arranged for about 30 of us, would be picking us up. The manager said 4:00. My wife asked hoe two of us could get ready and be down for a bus in less than a hour. The manager got rude and yelled at us. She actually told my wife she should not need more than15 minutes to prepare for a wedding. I asked if she knew a large group would be staying there and it was going to be difficult to get us all checked in and ready for a bus in less than an hour. She made a point of telling us it was "her hotel" and that she was not going to let anyone check in early I suggested perhaps she could just make a couple of rooms available for people to shower, put on make up and get dressed. She really got rude and yelled at us. She turned to her front desk clerk and ordered her not to check anyone in early. Well it turns out they did not start checking people in until 3:30. Several people got rooms other people were already in. Most of us were forced to get dressed in the lobby restrooms. The manager, who we learned is the owner's daughter made no attempt to accomdate people, expressed no regrets nor apologies and was rude to everyone. She even yelled at the groom. When another guest asked what ever happened to "the customer is always right" she told her " the customer is never right". The manager (owner's daughter" clearly was over her head and clearly had no hospitality service training. She should not have any job requiring interface with customers as she has no concept of customer service, courtesy or empathy for her customers. We also noticed she was public ally abusive to her employees. All in all she did all she could touring the wedding. She even had the nerve to tell us we had better all be ready for her 3 shuttle vans at 4;00 or they would leave without us, even though some of us didn't get rooms until 3:50. I am happy to say the actual wedding and reception were wonderful, no thanks to the hotel and their "wedding package".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during Hurricane Sandy and this hotel was so bad we couldn't wait to get home to our powerless house. Our reservation got screwed up and I got screamed at by someone at the front desk. Although they made an exception for our pet our arrival only got worse. The manager and owner was beyond rude. I killed her with kindness and told me she didn't like my tone. The phones didn't work, the water was brown and the room was bare and depressing. There was a gigantic crack in our window covered in electrical tape which thankfully sustained the rain and wind. The location is great in that it is close to a lot of convenient places and next to a grocery store. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Maron Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!