“Stay on March 25” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84

You added Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Newtown Rd., Exit 8 Off Interstate 84, Danbury, CT 06810   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Concord, New Hampshire
“Stay on March 25”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Great service and junior at front desk was very accommodating. Convenient location and good amenities. Bar and restaurant is a nice addition. Morning breakfast is great I stay here regularly and each stay is consistently good. Check out and check in process is great

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to stay here as we saw the positive review. It is indeed nicely and newly renovated. The rooms are modern with plugs well located to charge multiple devices near the bed. The hotel is also very clean.

That being said the bed was just ok. The blanket was not sufficient and not warm enough. There was no additional pillow or blanket available. The insulation of the window on room 331 was not fixed since the 70's. There is a massive draft. The full joint is missing. The ac/heat window unit needs to stay on all the time and get very noisy. I didn't sleep well for 2 nights been woke up by the noise. The staff is really a mixed pot. The lady in the restaurant is super nice and some of the receptionist. On Saturday night, the receptionist just ignored us as we were coming back despite wish her a good night. She did the same with other guests.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Damien BE,

Thank you for your recent comments on the Holiday Inn Danbury. I would also like to thank you for being a Top Contributor on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize where we fell short on your expectations. Our Staff uses comments like yours for future training. I hope someday we will have the opportunity to serve you again

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My local BNI (Business Networking International) group has a meeting in one of the conference rooms every Tuesday morning at 7am. Each morning, the room is warmed up and the food is fresh and the coffee is hot!
I'm usually the first one in around 6:45 and I'm always greeted at the front desk by Junior who always is polite and cheerful. He and I talk about everything from cars, to baseball and I can tell that he really takes his job professionally. He even did me a huge favor on Tuesday, March 10th by letting me showcase my demo 2016 Mazda CX-5 in the front. It was a big success thanks to Junior.
Being in the sales business, it's good to know that the Holiday Inn has a staff as attentive to our early morning agenda as he is. We will continue to meet there in the mornings as we are in good hands.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Adam D ( Mazda Guy )

Thank you for your 5 Star Review of the Holiday Inn Danbury and mentioning Junior one o our fine associates . I'm glad that you were able to showcase your vehicle for your meeting and that everything was a success.

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the first time we stayed at a Holiday Inn vs. a Holiday Inn Express. We had a good stay. It was an overnight stay and location was good to our destination. The hotel interior has been updated. The hotel had a clean, good appearance to the lobby and lounge area when you entered. The room was good for a family of 4. The room and bathroom were clean. It had a huge TV for a double room. The front desk got us extra towels within 10 minutes of our request. There seemed to be a bit of a water problem on the first floor which the hotel said it had to do with melting snow but I would beg to differ. It smelled musty and damp. We were on the 4th floor so it was not a bother to us. The gym was adequate. We did not eat at the hotel but we were able to get snacks late at night for the kids. The breakfast buffet is $11 per person so we passed and drove over to D&D for breakfast. Check In and Check Out was easy. Holiday Inn has done a very nice job in updating their hotels which why we prefer staying with Holiday Inn for our short trips. Overall, a good stay though nothing special compared to our most recent status at Holiday Inn Express locations.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Wayne N,

Thank you for you recent review of the Holiday Inn Danbury and for being a Top Contributor to Tripadvisor, It means a lot to the Hotel to continue to receive comments from Elite Members as yourself. I apologize for the water issue , as your aware it has been a snowy winter and with tempatures finally warming up we took on some water from snow melt. Our engineering department has worked hard to relieve stress points on our roof to allow for proper drainage. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss further if you like.

Beacon, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the pleasure of staying here for 1 night and I have b=never been this satisfied with a staff in all my travels. From the moment we walked in until the moment we walked out each staff member treated us like VIP's. If you are looking in Danbury Ct, look no further, this is a great place to stay
We will be returning

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Michelle R,

Thank you for your perfect review of the Holiday Inn Danbury and your kind comments about our staff. It's a culture here and all of our associates are on board to satisfy everyone who stays with us as this is a extension to your home while away. We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've stayed and written about this hotel before. I booked the Duncan Donuts ($10 Duncan Donuts gift card at check in) plus 2000 points promotional rate on the hotels website. During check in, I wasn't given the $10 gift card. When I asked about it, the front desk staff didn't know what I was talking about and were borderline rude until they looked at little harder at my reservation. One of the front desk staff went to Duncan Donuts (which turned out to be only a block away) and brought the card.

Since my last stay, this hotel has remolded its bar and restaurant area bring it more up to date and inline with newer Holiday Inns and to be honest they have done a nice job. The rooms and hallways still look dated but the room was clean.

My reason for the low rating is because of the poor front desk service both during check-in and check-out. Over the last ten years, I stayed at every hotel in the Danbury area with the exception of the local Bed and Breakfast place. If you want a hotel with a bar than they are better hotels to stay at in the area, one is even across the road!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Colin R Atlanta Georgia,

Colin , Thank you for your honest review and when we do not deliver our promise I am truly sorry.
By pulling your information there is a Dunkin Donuts Card on its way. When in the area please allow me to upgrade you and give you back our Hospitality Promise. Thank you for being a Senior Contributor with Tripadvisor. Your comments really do count

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ms. Janet was my waitress for breakfast and she was amazing. Her demeanor was superb and her knowledge of all of the items was top notch. I was the only person there at that moment and we chatted about everything. All the while she never missed a beat on the many tasks she was doing. I am here for hockey, and I hope we stay here the next time we are in town because she's definitely a friendly face I would look forward to seeing again.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Duante,

Your excellent 5 Star Review of the Holiday Inn Danbury is so appreciated. Janet is a wonderful associate and we appreciate that her years of experience provide exceptional service to our guests.
I hope your travels will return you again to our facility.

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84? Share your experiences!