“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Newtown Rd., Exit 8 Off Interstate 84, Danbury, CT 06810   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Newton, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Reserved room thru trip adviser. When we checked in we were given a double bed in the handicap room instead of a king bed in a regular room. When I complained I was advised that this was all that was available AND my confirmed reservation actually was only at the discretion of the hotel. IS THIS CORRECT?

Room Tip: Bring your own bed
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had our Kids 1st birthday party celebration and it went very well. Our entire family , friends and guests loved the party hall (pearl room). The atmosphere was nice and beautiful. The staff and their service was excellent and very friendly. I would recommend for any who was looking for a great party hall within their budget.

Ivett, the catering director helped us to make this choice and very happy for that decision.

Thanks
Naga Sirisipalli

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel was really nice, the there is a great outdoor pool. The rooms were very modern and up to date!

Staff and service at the hotel was second to none. The staff were extremely professional and courteous. They accommodated our family weekend and made it a beautiful experience.

i give this place a 11 rating as it's the best hotel and it's even better!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear WhyAich,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating. I appreciate your positive feedback and we take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best we can. I'm sure our entire staff enjoyed exceeding your expectations and yes they enjoyed your family. Please think of us again when planning a weekend again.

Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The accommodations were clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was staffed by 2 great people, Kenny (very personable and welcoming) and Chef Luis (prepared a wonderful meal). Enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to stop there on the return trip.

Room Tip: Choose the back side of the hotel to view trees instead of a road.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear CarBol 2014,
I appreciate your 4 Star review of the Holiday Inn Danbury. It's assocaites like Kenny and Chef Luis who keep us on top. I apprecaite that you gave us a second visit and hope that someday soon a third. We will be there with our personal service to welcome you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful stay at this Holiday Inn, Was greated in morning by Vanessa who had our room ready at 7:00AM She was very nice.Had a breakfest before going to the Phono and Music box show in the hotels grand room. Breakfast was very good and was made most enjable by our server Janet I spoke to her manager Ivett and thanked her for a very nice experience and We also had dinner there and service by Kenny was also as great. Food very good. Our best experience was yet to come when we met Junior the manager My wife Helen and I could not get over how wonderful a person can be. He was so informative helpful and pleasant we are Looking forward to next year to see him again. Never have we met anyone in the service field with as a wonderful personality as Junior. He made us fell as if we belonged there. Sean was also a delight Helen and I just loved our stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Donald G,

Thank you for your 5 star review and mentioning many associates of the Holiday Inn Danbury ,
Vanessa, Janet, Ivett, Kenny, Junior are just a part of our team that make the Hotel run. We hope to welcome you back on a future stay and appreciate the kind words.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off upon arrival there was ample parking * the grounds are kept exceptionatly trimmed and clean ****. this hotel last year was under construction when i last visited . I was amazed at the updated look , the rooms were amazing to be in = big screen tv , AC that worked well , a real plus was the lil refridgerator **** the WIFI was Strong and did not kick me out or cause any problems . the Bed gave me the Best Sleep Ever in a Hotel **** plug ins on the lighting was a plus too , charging phone & tablet right next to me . Bathroom was clean up to date well supplied . access from different points in the building was useful , a great lil section for snacks on ground floor with a section for health needs that might have been forgotten .. the ck in area has a nice coffee station fully supplied ****theres a bar and eatery which i enjoyed for breakfast and dinner . The Staff is Proffesional and exceedingly helpful Sean at the Bar was cheerie and proffesional - the minute i sat down a napkin was placed and was waited on right away , food was good and served right away **** A lady named Janet ran a good Breakfast very accomadating , she had an aire about her - haha . The front desk personal were friendly and accomadating , one person i took notice of was Junior he was over the top and and was the man who can run a Show . Very proffesional attitude and made a big impression with me .. would stay here again above all other hotels ~ Cheers Johnny

Room Tip: i stayed on 3rd floor liked the view ***
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear John Y,

Thank you for your perfect review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's associates like Janet and Junior who put the finishing touces on your stay and I take great pride thanking them for meeting your expectations. Looking forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Danbury.

home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got to this place by mistake. We wanted to book to a different location, in a different chain, but due to confusion between us and the lady at the booking center we got this place. As the physical location and place also met our needs, we kept it, and we are very thankful we did.
This Holiday Inn was a very nice surprise! clean and welcoming and looks recently renovated. The stuff was very polite and helpful, the room had exactly what we needed and the beds were very comfortable. The room also had a small fridge and a microwave (contrary to what the lady who took our booking told us).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Y2m2r,

Thank you for your warm comments about the Holiday Inn Danbury. Our staff takes great pride in Cleanliness which you noted and yes every room has a Microwave and Fridge along with New 42 Inch T.V.s , Again I'm glad you were satisfied and please visit us again soon.

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84? Share your experiences!