“Making lemons out of lemonade ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Newtown Rd., Exit 8 Off Interstate 84, Danbury, CT 06810   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Danbury
Albany
“Making lemons out of lemonade ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I will admit this hot off to a bad start- I booked on the 20th with a gentleman who was in a super hurry to get off the phone... Hmmm - when I got to the hotel I had no reservation? So I showed justin at the front desk the photo I had taken of the location address to verify and the phone call record on my cell- I was actually a little ticked off ... It seems lately my hotel stays are literally anything but seamless-

The silver lining - Justin took care of me and gave me a great room for the night - super comfortable and I am feeling great!

Stayed August 2014

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a quick stay here. After a long drive and lots of dancing at a night wedding, I really appreciated the comfortable bed. The room was clean. The AC worked perfectly. The hotel staff was very nice. Breakfast is expensive. We had it elsewhere. They do have free coffee in the lobby. I'd stay here again, if I travel to that part of CT.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, yesterday

The Holiday Inn Danbury is pleased that you found our beds comfortable and the othe nice comments about our facility. We take pride in making sure your expectations are met. Enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope you will vivit us again.

William Gemme CHA General Manager
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a very nice stay at the Holiday Inn in Danbury, but the nicest part was what happened after we left. We accidentaly left a garment bag full of clothes in the closet. After being on the road for a couple of hours and realizing we did not have the garment bag, I phoned the management to see if they found our bag. The did, and they mailed it to us. We received it once we arrived back home. I think this says a lot for the management of this hotel. I have left things behind at other hotels and have been told they couldn't find it. I was delighted to realize that honesty and kindness still exist in the world..... also, that they were willing to go the extra mile and mail the bag to us.....we were thrilled! Thank you Holiday Inn Danbury....you deserve gold stars in our book!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear JRKeith,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn Danbury , were pleased that we were able to reunite you with your Garment Bag. I'm glad you stayed and it was our pleasure to have you as a guest. Please consider us again in the future when your travel plans bring you this way.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My girlfriend and I traveled to Danbury for a wedding. Our fellow celebratorists stayed across the street at the Courtyard Marriott. Long story short, I give the hotel an 8 out of 10.

The building : it isn't the newest in town, but it has been very recently renovated. The beds, desks, chairs, and bathrooms are all new. There's a mini-fridge. There's a pool that guests actually use. There's a restaurant that serves breakfast (not included) and dinner, and there's a bar. There's a little area to buy extra toiletries (go to Target down the road though). Everything is very clean. Alas, the elevator is slow and the vending machines are sort of buried in an out of the way location. We were prohibited from checking in before 3pm even though the maid told us that the room had been ready since 11am.

The room: as I said, the room is clean and has a mini-fridge. Our room came with a king sized bed which you either love because you feel like it means luxury or you hate because it's too big. The bed was pretty comfortable, and my gf passed out right away (but she always does). I worked on my crossword puzzle for a little while before I got tired. The pillows were medium firm, but they were a weird narrow-yet-long shape. Almost like body pillows but located by the head. Our view was of the rear of the hotel, which was nice because we looked out over the woods. The front looks out over the parking lot. There's a new TV that we didn't so much as turn on.

The area: The immediate area of the hotel has plenty of food options, at least in a chain sense. Across the street is a steakhouse that we spent happy hour snacking and drinking in. Decent beer and a pretty high end menu. If there were sidewalks in the suburbs, then within a ten minute walk would be another half dozen chain restaurant options including the Bertucci's that we ate dinner at one evening. However, given that sidewalks are, apparently, against the law in this county, we drove. Within twenty minutes is bowling, mini-golf, the Danbury airport, and the Danbury Fair Mall. Or maybe you just need new toothpaste and want to get it at Target.

Conclusion: We spent, on a weekend, about $100 per night with tax, which is below average for the area. Across the street at the Courtyard Marriott, where the wedding party was staying, rates were about $50 per night more expensive. In the end, I would stay here again should I ever have cause to return. The hotel was clean and there is enough in the area to area to keep yourself occupied when you aren't at a wedding.

Room Tip: As for the side that looks out on the woods.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
William G, Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Molacde,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Danbury and that you found Value in our facility.
Yes we are located within a district that has shopping and Eatreies that will keep anyone busy during there stay. If your travels bring you back to the area we would love to have you as a guest again

Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fantastic hotel! I only stay at Holiday Inn. The Staff Junior was wonderful, so helpful and very friendly and attentive. Rooms were spotless, beds are very comfortable, no problems accessing nor using the free wifi.
Will be staying here whenever I come back to visit family!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Chuleriaaa,

Thank you for your recent comments and metioning Junior, he is a tremendous associate who treats all customers with great guest service. I would hope that your travels will return you to Danbury and that the Holiday Inn Danbury will be your choice of stay.

Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I would just like to say me and my family had a great experience. The front desk clerk junior was very professional, funny and down to earth. me and my family travel alot and lets just say we wish everyone at the front desk of all the hotels we stay were as courteous and outgoing as junior the check in was fast and he made sure I felt welcome with my entire family. Thanks for a great stay we will definitly be back.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Wmontes526,

Thank You for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Danbury. It was a sincere pleasure having you as a guest and mentioning Junior who is 1 of many fine associates in our employ. I hope that your travels will bring you back to Danbury and that you will again stay with us at the Holiday Inn Danbury, Enjoy the rest of the summer.

South Daytona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

At 10 pm, without a reservation,
two weary travelers (that's us) & our large dog were welcomed with more efficiency than other hotels where we had existing reservations along the way. Great location right off the highway. The staff was excellent! The room was clean and comfortable. We only stayed the night. We would definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2014
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Grandma and Poppy

We are pleased you chose the Holiday Inn family and that you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy the rest of the summer and we hope to see you again soon.

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84? Share your experiences!