“Excellent service at the bar. ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Newtown Rd., Exit 8 Off Interstate 84, Danbury, CT 06810   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Danbury
Albany, New York
“Excellent service at the bar. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

On Saturday, July 5th, I had the great fortune to celebrate the union of my two lifelong friends who have been together for over 5 years.
We attended the wedding, at a beautiful church in Danbury, than boarded coach buses for the reception hall, in the vicinity of Prospect, a city near Waterbury in Connecticut. It was fantastic celebrating this moment with old friends and family. Everyone had a blast.
Unfortunately, the night came to an end way too soon, but luckily we had plans to continue our celebrations at a steakhouse/bar located adjacent to our hotel.
Much to our dismay, the steakhouse/bar would not allow our group to socialize there, despite spending thousands of dollars on the rehearsal dinner the night before.
Fortunately for us, the Holiday Inn directly across the street offered a full service bar with a surprisingly nice ambiance.
I can't say enough about Sean, the bartender at the holiday Inn. He was accommodating in every way possible
Despite the fact that we were at an event with excellent food, it had been hours since we had eaten and we're all in the mood for some delicious late night food. Despite the kitchen being closed, Sean offered to make us delicious fried foods and he earned his name as the fire master- which we had dubbed him as the night went on.
We had terrific service from the Holiday Inn and bartender Sean.
Having been in the service industry for years in the past, it is people like him- and the exceptional service he provided that left me feeling as a highly valued customer and would cause me to recommend this establishment to all who are interested. It is the staff who makes a difference and in this case, Sean - and his incredibly hard working bar staff that makes this place as great as it is and contributed heavily toward our me moral experience.
Thank you Danbury Holiday Inn for coming through for our group when other establishments were lacking.
Thanks again for everything and keep up the tremendous service!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Cory 415,
Thank you and the wedding group for staying at the Holiday Inn Danbury , It is wonderful to hear that Sean ( The Firemaster ) made your evening. He is a wonderful associate who provides great service. If your travel plans bring you back to Danbury please stay with us again. Enjoy the Summer

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had an amazing experience at the Holiday Inn after a large group of my friends and I came back from a wedding. The bartender Sean was extremely nice and very patient with what could have been a little bit of an overbearing crowd and the fact that this most likely not expected on a late saturday night. I also had misplaced my cell phone at the bar and Sean kept in touch with me the entire weekend until he finally discovered it on monday. I cannot say enough about how incredible the service was saturday night with sean and how incredible it was that he made sure he did everything he could in order to help me find my cell phone. couldn't be more appreciate of sean and the staff at the holiday inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tyler1020,
It is fantastic to hear that Sean went out of his way to reunite you with your cell phone. As mentioned it's about the people you employ and he is making a great differance representing the Holiday Inn Danbury. Were glad we were able to make memories for the wedding group. Please think of us again in the future. Enjoy the Summer

Delaware, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed there while visiting family for a graduation. I can tell that the hotel had gone under many upgrades and was under new management. We had a couple of minor issues that the staff promised to resolve. (the air conditioning wasn't working properly, a light was out - minor things) There was one person in particular who was a stand out staff member. Janet the waitress was that hardest working woman I have ever seen. She greeted everyone and was incredibly efficient even though she was the only server working. She made the stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I had to say the noise level was loud because there was a wedding party being loud in the parking lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mia R,
Thank you for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn Danbury . It is wonderful to hear that Janet from food and beverage made your day. She is a very committed associate who goes up and above everyday she is here. I've shared your comments on the AC and Light bulb with our staff. If your future plans bring you back to Danbury please think of the Holiday Inn again. Enjoy your summer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We had my brothers graduation party there in June, and we had am amazing experience. The servers were always atent to what was going on, and they helped me very quickly with whatever i needed. The guest were very happy with the too. Our party planner Ivett did everything possible to make the day perfect. Two of our guests came from very far and actually stayed at thw hotel for a few days and also told us they loved it very much. Overall i would recomend this to others.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Dinah R,
Thank you for your recent comments on the Holiday Inn Danbury. Ivett is a very committed associate who works hard to exceed your expectations. It's our understanding that your family is planning a similar event for 2015 , Please think of the Holiday Inn again.

William Gemme CHA General Manager.
Rochester NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I was in town visiting family and wound up going to the new bar downstairs for a few drinks. We had Shannon as our bartender and she couldn't have been better. Not once did we have to ask or wait for anything, she just knew when we needed something and had it ready before we even asked. I will absolutely come back due to such good service.

• Stayed July 2014
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Diecast283

Thank you or your comments about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Danbury. It's great to hear that Shannon provided you with exceptional service. Enjoy the summer and I hope that your travels will return you to us once again.

William Gemme CHA General manager
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very pleased with My stay in this hotel. Great maintenance, food, & overall excellent service from Junior. He's very professional, very attentive, always wearing a great smile ! Deff a top five hotel i must say.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We are very pleased that you were impressed with your stay and that our associate Junior exceeded your expectations. He is a wonderful associate who is committed to the Danbury Holiday Inn's success. If traveling through our area again please stay with us again. Enjoy the Summer.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had the pleasure of staying there a week ago. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful and cordial. If you plan on staying ask for JR he will make sure everything is taken care of and that your stay is perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
William G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear mipalomabella,

Thank you for your kind comments about the Holiday Inn Danbury. It's nice to hear that you were satisfied by the service provided by JR. He is a joy to work with and it is always wonderful to hear that our staff provided great service. Enjoy the summer hope you will visit again soon.

William Gemme CHA General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Danbury-Bethel At I-84? Share your experiences!