“Not bad” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 14 hotels in Danbury
italy
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The receptionist took my coupon but asked for 5 bucks more. In the lobby there were jewelery items for sale (I guess it wasn't a legal activity, but I am not sure).
The room was comfortable and clean, maybe too big for one queen bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Somers NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

How fortunate my husband and I were to spend a warm cozy weekend at Quality Inn during Hurricane Sandy. The staff--particularly front desk associate Rashid--were so accomodating and kind. They went the extra mile to help the guests displaced by the storm. The hot complementary breakfast was an added bonus--eggs, waffles, bagels, good coffee, etc.. The room and bath were well appointed and comfortable. Who could ask for more?
Lucille NY

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Danbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I checked into a room Wednesday because Sandy had knocked out the power in my home.

When I got there, I found the toilet didn't flush. The man at the front desk told me to come to the front desk, get a plunger, and clear the toilet myself. The plunger didn't do the job. There was now dirty water on the floor, which made the whole bathroom unusable. I called him again. He told me to come get some towels and wipe it up. I said that I wasn't just going to wipe toilet water around my bathroom floor with a towel. He then told me to come to the front desk (on the Lobby level; the room was on the third floor). I said no, I would check out.

The guy at the front desk called his maintenance man. He said, "The toilet in 306 isn't working again." The maintenance man, I was told, couldn't come until the next day.

When I told the man I wanted to check out, he said that his "system" was down, I'd have to call his manager. I called her just now (the second day since I checked out), and she said -- she'd reduce my charge by $100, so that I had only had to pay $60 for this experience!

If I could give this place a zero rating, I would.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked with some trepidation due to the negative comments here, but the location was convenient to a funeral we were attending so . . .

Frankly, I don't know what the problem is, unless those one-star reviews were paid-for hit pieces. The room we had was perfectly fine, clean spacious and quiet. The breakfast area is small but the spread was what you'd expect in a hotel in this tier. We didn't use the pool, but a heated indoor pool is a nice amenity.

Plus, the place is right across the street from an outpost of New Haven's Frank Pepe Pizzeria, world-famous for its New Haven-style pies.

Someone here wrote "not the best hotel I've stayed in." Well, duh! It's a Quality Inn. It's not the best hotel I've stayed in either, but it did the job.

Now I'm a member of Choice Hotels' frequent-stayer program, so that might have affected the room I was assigned. It might help to ask for a room on the third floor at the rear.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
qualityinndanbury, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback and also for being a member of our frequent stay Choice Privileges Program. We really value your response which validates our hard work and desire to continually improve the guest experience at our hotel. Thank you again.
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Hotel has a very unpleasant, musty smell from hallway to rooms. Both queen size beds had saggy mattresses. The air conditioning didn't work properly. The bathroom was old and stained. We moved one of beds and found food remains. There were bugs crawling on the wall. The nicest way to sum this place up is to say it is run down. A more straightforward way of saying it is that this place is a dump.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
qualityinndanbury, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We accommodate many guests each evening and strive to make their stay a satisfying one. We are sorry for your bad experience, and assure you this is not normal. We have looked into the issues you mentioned and want to assure you that we have taken steps to rectify them, including finishing renovating our rooms this past September. I truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to share your concerns.

GM
providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Where to start? Upon checking in I found the TV did not work in the room. went to the bathroom and discovered rust stains all over the toilet. The carpet in the room was wet. Upon checking the window, of my first floor room, I discovered it would not close properly nor lock securely. The clerk did offer another room but I had already decided the quality of this property was far below par. I chose to drive the three hours back home rather than stay here. The next day I discovered flea bites on my lower legs. Obviously from staying here as they do accept pets.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We only stayed here one night on a trip to Boston. Upon our arrival after 5 hours of drive time, we were told our room was not yet ready. This was at 4:15 when check in was to be at 3:00. While the gentleman at the front desk was very polite and apologetic it still did not soften the blow that we had to kill some time before we could relax. The room itself was clean and beds were comfortable, however the bathroom could have been cleaner, perhaps this was due to the rush job because we had arrived. The hallways had a funny odor, but at least this did not carry into our room. Overall our stay was ok, but I was glad we were staying there only one night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!