“If stayed in better for cheaper.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Zanesville, Ohio
“If stayed in better for cheaper.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here June 14 with 2 friends and 2 teens. Even though the room had 2 beds and a sleeper sofa I had to pay $10 extra for the 5th person. This hotel was nice enough, but I thought the price was too high for a week night. The TV was the nicest feature of the room. The bath was a little outdated. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast of ok, but only 1 toaster and the counter space was so small only one person could be getting their stuff and at a time. There were only a few tables. I would stay here again, but I was not happy with the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

By this time almost a week into our trip I've adapted to prices in the densely populated Northeast, so $90 with tax for a basic Quality Inn didn't faze me. However I was put off immediately upon check-in to see a pool party getting started. That's the equivalent of not having a pool available on a weeknight when I expect to share the pool with at most some business travelers and a family or two.

The room was incredibly hot when we arrived, and it took hours for the air conditioner to catch up. There was no lock on the window, no light over one of the two beds (not a burned out bulb, but no fixture at all), and a safe taking up space in the room and taking up my time in the morning waiting for the charge to be removed before I could get my receipt.

While the room was cooling we made a trip to the very odd Stew Leonard's grocery store. I can't say the selection or quality makes a visit worthwhile, but the experience probably does.

Breakfast featured a waffle machine which is normally a plus, but the batter was made so poorly that the resulting waffle was too rubbery to be cut with the plastic knife and fork (which actually folded in half). I threw it away and made a decent breakfast sandwich from the egg and sausage patties

The review asks about room service, but I don't recall a restaurant other than the continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manahawkin, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

The hotel is very close to 84 as the crow flies, but really a couple of miles out of the way when driving. I booked it online and got a senior discount (maybe $15) and then saw it was available for another $15 less. It was annoying but the discount books say "not good with prior reservations" and choice was giving $50 cards with two stays so I think it was Ok to stay with it. One of the staff (owner?) had a large array of jewelry that she was making and selling in the lobby. We were given a large room on the 3rd floor, lots of space but not much furniture in the room, but the bed was fine. The hot breakfast was OK also. The Bennigans next door was boarded up but there was a smaller Applebees across the intersection so we didn't have to go far to eat. Our room was the busy road side (motorcycles) but I slept well. Easy to get back on 84 going west. The indoor pool looked OK but very full of kids.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for room in the back away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernandina Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

This is our second time at this hotel and not use again unless absolutely necessary. Called the hotel early in May to make the reservation and requested two beds and told them we were bringing our dog. I was told there was a $20 per night charge for the dog which I agreed to but did not agree with because it seems a bit extreme. We tried to check in at noon but was told we would have to pay a $20 fee for checking in before their 2:00 check in time. I declined. When we did checked in at around 7:00 pm we were told our room had a single queen size bed on the second floor. There were no available two bed rooms left. Our room had two beds in it at one time because there was a space where a bed had been. Room was noisy, shower was terrible and breakfast cereal milk was soured. Overall not a great experience and will look elsewhere for another hotel that accommodates pets.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Colebrook, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

When I checked in and at the hotel entrance sign in bold letter : freshly renovated... Well I don't know what was freshly renovated to be honest !!!

I'm a Diamond member with Choice and I was upgraded to one of their best room... Well I'm happy I was not in their ordinary room!!!

The carpet in the room was old and dirty, the bed was all but comfortable; feels like an over-used mattress from a cheap motel...

I guess what they meant by freshly renovated was the new nice Phillips Flat Screen TV - very nice :-)

Other then that the bathroom needed some repair and refresh ; the shower was weird and didn't work properly (making a total mess...)

The fridge and microwave were a nice touch; maybe another refreshing items ;-)

The fitness center is ok... Not great either...

Breakfast ??? No comments... Mostly all Quality Inn are offering same kind of very simple basic breakfast... May as well go eat anywhere else around ;-)

Not very far from I-84 but you need to drive a mile east then a mile west to reach the hotel (should I say Motel) visible from the highway...

If you're desperate or only want to appreciate your next hotel, it's an option but I will recommend trying Hotwire or Priceline for this very area hoping to get something else at cheaper price !

• Stayed April 2012
Burlington VT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I don't have any superlatives for this place. It is adequate. Just off I84, relatively quiet, relatively clean. I echo others that it is difficult to flush the toilets. What were they thinking? The staff is slow, the wifi sporadic. The breakfast was just okay, but there. There was a nice big flat screen tv, fridge, coffee maker, etc. As others say, it is okay for the price. I wouldn't recommend it very highly, but you could do worse.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Schaghticoke, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Room was clean, with flat-screen TV, but was fraying a bit at the edges (shower head pipe cover off, chips in furnishings). Toilet took multiple flushes to flush. Several other pluses: Indoor pool was clean and warm, though it was without towels when I visited. Breakfast buffet started early (5:30) and had waffle making, pastries, premade egg patties, sausage and bagles (though area to eat is small). Free wifi was solid. I am guessing would be a bit hard to find without directions or a GPS. Staff friendly. I would stay again at the right price (which for this stay was almost the best I could find in the area).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business