“Traveling Salesman” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Reading, Massachusetts
“Traveling Salesman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

very clean and friendly won't be disappointed in any way. You'll be blown away with the complimentary breakfast buffet and hospitality of the staff. The room was terrific and the bathroom was remarkable clean and full of amenities that you will absolutely use.

Room Tip: Just ask the person at the desk to help and they will accommodate
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hi John,

Thanks for choosing our hotel; we know there are a lot of options in Danbury. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. It makes me proud when I hear such nice comments about our staff - they truly care about making our guests feel right at home. We'll look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bow, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The lobby was very clean and very nice. The hallways were nice. Didn't show any wear and tear. Our room has to be the cleanest that I have ever stayed in. No dust, no broken furniture, no crud in the corners of the bathroom or the shower, etc. The beds were comfortable and linens soft including the towels. Not stiff. Even the duvet cover was newly washed. I would stay here again. The breakfast was fine. Plenty of options. My daughter enjoyed the pool too. The acoustics were good too. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Marci,

Wow - thank you so much for your great comments and for taking the time to rate our hotel! Our staff works very hard to maintain a clean hotel, and I know they will appreciate reading your note.
Seymour, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here only one night, on Christmas Eve, so we don't have much experience. Still, the staff was very pleasant and accommodating, the breakfast good, the rooms clean and the mattressess excellent. All in all a good nights rest. We took advantage of their business center to get online and print our boarding passes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. You are a first hand example of how this forum can really influence our business! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope we'll see you back again!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Got a great weekend rate. This place is well managed, clean and our room was quiet and comfortable. People at front desk were friendly and efficient. Well organized breakfast setup. Just wish they didn't feature Fox News on the TV there. Who wants to watch that in the morning?

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback and for recognizing the efforts of our staff - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for your suggestion about the TV selection - we'll try out some different channels. Hope to see you back again soon!
Leesport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a really clean hotel, the staff is very nice. The reason I gave it an average score is because we had loud people in the next room from 1am to 5am. My husband and I reported it and nothing was ever done about it. All the nice stuff really does not mean anything if you can't sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Heather,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words on the condition and staff at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the noise issue you encountered from neighboring guests. We know how important a good night's rest is while traveling and we regret conditions prevented this.

We do try to react promptly to noise complaints to make sure all of our guests are able to enjoy their stay. I applogize that in this case we were unable to properly resolve the issue. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to our area so we can show you the quality stay you deserve.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We checked in on the 20th of Dec for a 5 night stay. What a great hotel. We used to live in Danbury, and never gave this place a second thought, but we had returned to visit with family over Christmas and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn. We were greeted by a very pleasant desk clerk with a fantastic attitude. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name. Our room was sparkling! We walked in and you could actually smell the clean sheets. There was not a hair in the bathroom left from a previous guest. No stains on the towels, no mold on the caulking in the shower or on the shower curtain. I believe the carpet had actually been vacuumed (insert sarcasm here.) I do check all of this when entering our room. I have stayed at many hotels from beach resorts to smaller hotels. The breakfast was very good. They had your usual eggs and waffles, but the eggs were actually little omelets, with or without cheese and bacon, and they were pretty good. The coffee was good and fresh. The dining area was very cozy and up to date with earth tones and a small sitting area adjacent to it with leather couches and arm chairs. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and Wal-Mart is next door. Easy access to I 84. I would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel. It is obvious the employees take pride in maintaining this hotel...it is very well taken care of. I wish other hotel managers could take a page out of this manager's book. Well Done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review - I'm glad you gave us a second thought! You have a lot of choices in the area and I appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to serve you. I will make sure to share your review with our team because reviews such as yours really motivates us all to try to do even better. Best wishes and I hope to see you on your next visit back to the area.
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I was in need of a quick place while on business while in the area. I usually go to the sister hotel on the other side of town but when sold out I grabbed this one. I was pleasantly pleased with the experience here and highly likely to return as I found this very comfortable, easy to do business work late into the evening....quiet and actually well located to grab a bite to eat!

Stayed November 2012
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you ventured to our side of town and glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we'll see you back again soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Danbury? Share your experiences!