“Nice and easy” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, IL
“Nice and easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Got a great weekend rate. This place is well managed, clean and our room was quiet and comfortable. People at front desk were friendly and efficient. Well organized breakfast setup. Just wish they didn't feature Fox News on the TV there. Who wants to watch that in the morning?

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback and for recognizing the efforts of our staff - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks also for your suggestion about the TV selection - we'll try out some different channels. Hope to see you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Leesport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a really clean hotel, the staff is very nice. The reason I gave it an average score is because we had loud people in the next room from 1am to 5am. My husband and I reported it and nothing was ever done about it. All the nice stuff really does not mean anything if you can't sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Heather,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words on the condition and staff at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback and apologize for the noise issue you encountered from neighboring guests. We know how important a good night's rest is while traveling and we regret conditions prevented this.

We do try to react promptly to noise complaints to make sure all of our guests are able to enjoy their stay. I applogize that in this case we were unable to properly resolve the issue. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you travel to our area so we can show you the quality stay you deserve.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We checked in on the 20th of Dec for a 5 night stay. What a great hotel. We used to live in Danbury, and never gave this place a second thought, but we had returned to visit with family over Christmas and chose to stay at the Hampton Inn. We were greeted by a very pleasant desk clerk with a fantastic attitude. Unfortunately, I don't remember her name. Our room was sparkling! We walked in and you could actually smell the clean sheets. There was not a hair in the bathroom left from a previous guest. No stains on the towels, no mold on the caulking in the shower or on the shower curtain. I believe the carpet had actually been vacuumed (insert sarcasm here.) I do check all of this when entering our room. I have stayed at many hotels from beach resorts to smaller hotels. The breakfast was very good. They had your usual eggs and waffles, but the eggs were actually little omelets, with or without cheese and bacon, and they were pretty good. The coffee was good and fresh. The dining area was very cozy and up to date with earth tones and a small sitting area adjacent to it with leather couches and arm chairs. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and Wal-Mart is next door. Easy access to I 84. I would not hesitate to book another stay at this hotel. It is obvious the employees take pride in maintaining this hotel...it is very well taken care of. I wish other hotel managers could take a page out of this manager's book. Well Done!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thanks for such a nice review - I'm glad you gave us a second thought! You have a lot of choices in the area and I appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to serve you. I will make sure to share your review with our team because reviews such as yours really motivates us all to try to do even better. Best wishes and I hope to see you on your next visit back to the area.
Gig Harbor, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I was in need of a quick place while on business while in the area. I usually go to the sister hotel on the other side of town but when sold out I grabbed this one. I was pleasantly pleased with the experience here and highly likely to return as I found this very comfortable, easy to do business work late into the evening....quiet and actually well located to grab a bite to eat!

Stayed November 2012
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you ventured to our side of town and glad you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully we'll see you back again soon!
Herminie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had two trips to Danbury. My first booking was with the Hampton,however, corporate travel made an error and Hampton was booked. The hotel that I went too was a bust. So I made sure that I was at the hampton the second time. So much better. The bed was comfortable. Loved the comforter. Loved the fresh fruit on the breakfast. Plenty of space in the breakfast area. The pool area was great. I really liked the small cabana area they tried to create. If you need to be in Danbury - stay at the Hampton and don't look anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Wow! Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad your visit to our hotel was a good one and I hope we'll see you back on your third trip!
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I usually stayed at the Courtyard Marriott when on business to Danbury, but their prices got out of hand. I tried the Hampton Inn for the first time this past week. It will now be my new base for the area. Very clean room, excellent service from the front desk and a reasonable price for the area. It is centrally loacated and their are plenty of restaurants around after a day of work. Breakfast was the usual fair, but it was included in the price of the room. WIFI worked fine and was also included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for your business! I'm glad you found us to be a good value. If you haven't already, I would suggest you consider signing up for Hilton HHonors, our loyalty program so you can earn points toward free stays in the future. We can sign you up the next time you're in, or you can visit the website and sign up. Hope to meet you next time you're in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was my first time in the area and it was recommended by my business that I stay at this hotel. It was very easy to get to this hotel from the freeway. Easy on, easy off. The employee at the front counter was friendly and efficient. I was a little disappointed to find out my room was located on the first floor. (In my travel agent profile I request top floor rooms.) I have not had positive experiences with first floor hotel rooms. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, aside from a some occasional outside noise, it was quiet. I could hear no one above me or around me. It was great. The bed was soft, the towels were soft, the room and bathroom were clean. The room was spacious. (Single king bed) A great feature was the ability to control the room temperature via a digital thermostat. The WiFi internet is on the slower side, but not terrible. Just slightly annoying. All in all I would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I'm glad to hear you were pleased with your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I appreciate your comment about the Internet speed. As more and more guests bring multiple devices to connect to the network, it obviously creates a greater demand for bandwidth. We will soon be upgrading our Internet service to provide more bandwidth per user which will create a better online experience. Hope to see you back (and we'll get you on that upper floor!).

Been to Hampton Inn Danbury? Share your experiences!