“Great Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Danbury
Herminie
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I had two trips to Danbury. My first booking was with the Hampton,however, corporate travel made an error and Hampton was booked. The hotel that I went too was a bust. So I made sure that I was at the hampton the second time. So much better. The bed was comfortable. Loved the comforter. Loved the fresh fruit on the breakfast. Plenty of space in the breakfast area. The pool area was great. I really liked the small cabana area they tried to create. If you need to be in Danbury - stay at the Hampton and don't look anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Wow! Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad your visit to our hotel was a good one and I hope we'll see you back on your third trip!

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Whitehouse, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I usually stayed at the Courtyard Marriott when on business to Danbury, but their prices got out of hand. I tried the Hampton Inn for the first time this past week. It will now be my new base for the area. Very clean room, excellent service from the front desk and a reasonable price for the area. It is centrally loacated and their are plenty of restaurants around after a day of work. Breakfast was the usual fair, but it was included in the price of the room. WIFI worked fine and was also included.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thanks for your business! I'm glad you found us to be a good value. If you haven't already, I would suggest you consider signing up for Hilton HHonors, our loyalty program so you can earn points toward free stays in the future. We can sign you up the next time you're in, or you can visit the website and sign up. Hope to meet you next time you're in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

It was my first time in the area and it was recommended by my business that I stay at this hotel. It was very easy to get to this hotel from the freeway. Easy on, easy off. The employee at the front counter was friendly and efficient. I was a little disappointed to find out my room was located on the first floor. (In my travel agent profile I request top floor rooms.) I have not had positive experiences with first floor hotel rooms. I was pleasantly surprised to find that, aside from a some occasional outside noise, it was quiet. I could hear no one above me or around me. It was great. The bed was soft, the towels were soft, the room and bathroom were clean. The room was spacious. (Single king bed) A great feature was the ability to control the room temperature via a digital thermostat. The WiFi internet is on the slower side, but not terrible. Just slightly annoying. All in all I would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
I'm glad to hear you were pleased with your stay! Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I appreciate your comment about the Internet speed. As more and more guests bring multiple devices to connect to the network, it obviously creates a greater demand for bandwidth. We will soon be upgrading our Internet service to provide more bandwidth per user which will create a better online experience. Hope to see you back (and we'll get you on that upper floor!).
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel over a weekend to attend a funeral. Our king room was on the 3rd floor; it was very quiet, had a mini-fridge and microwave and updated HVAC. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. My brother-in-law and his wife stayed on the 4th floor and stated the rooms were outdated and the floor was loud (the management switched their room to the 3rd floor the next day). My only small complaint would be that the free buffet breakfast was not as good in quality as some Holiday Inn Expresses where I have stayed. The sausage on the first morning had more of a keilbasa flavor and the sausage on the second morning was dry and cold. The staff was all very pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel and thanks for posting a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments about breakfast with our team. We always rely on guest comments such as yours to know where to look for improvement opportunities. I'm sorry your brother in law had to deal with some noisy neighbors on the first night and hope things got better after that. Give me a call if you're back in the area again and I can make sure to get you your favorite room on the third floor!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Service was very friendly, greeted warmly. The rooms were very clean, fresh linens, comfortable bed. One of the best Hampton Inn hotels I've stayed in. I was given bottled water upon request without any hesitation. Even the staff working the noght-shift were friendly and attentive. The computers in the business center were newer, which was helpful. Excellent marks!

Room Tip: Breakfast is free, but don't expect much. It is typical breads, yogurt, cerial, oatmeal, waffle...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear BusinessEnthusiast,

Thanks so much for your review. Hearing words like "exceeded my expectations" really keeps us motivated to do even better, and I appreciate you going out of your way to recognize the great service attitude of our staff. Regarding the breakfast area, this is on our radar and we are going to put more energy into this area to see what improvements we can make. Thanks Again!
Torrington, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We pulled in after attempting to drive home (one hour away) during a terrible storm. The room was great, clean, comfy, modern. The staff were very nice and welcoming. The breakfast was great. The price was a little overboard but probably because of the storm and the hotel being almost full. Overall a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The king size bed was great and also had a chaise lounge with microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
So you joined us for what is becoming an annual Northeast tradition - our end of October storm! I'm glad you chose to take refuge with us for a night and hope you had power when you made it home! Thanks for the nice comments about our hotel and sharing with Trip Advisor. Although we didn't increase pricing because of the storm, I will say our pricing at our hotel and the area hotels tends to be higher midweek which is when the storm happened to hit. On weekends we are able to discount our rates quite a bit which can help the weekend travelers find a great bargain. Thanks again for your business, and hope to see you back again (without the hurricane next time)!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stopped here for several nights while visiting Newtown, CT. Very nice hotel but the layout was a little inconvenient. Breakfast was downstairs and you had to go up a ramp to elevators. Location was great and staff was very helpful. Convenient to I84. Each night we had a bus load for different tours which made breakfast a little crowded. Great swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review Califken. Thanks also for your compliment - I too think we're the best in Danbury - not that I'm biased :-). I agree the layout of our hotel is not typical of most Hampton Inns with the breakfast and meeting rooms downstairs. What I found interesting about the layout when I arrived here was how many great seating and lobby areas there were on the first two levels with comfortable seating and TVs, etc. This makes it conducive for guests looking to find a quiet corner or gather for a quick meeting.

Been to Hampton Inn Danbury? Share your experiences!