“Very relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Danbury
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel over a weekend to attend a funeral. Our king room was on the 3rd floor; it was very quiet, had a mini-fridge and microwave and updated HVAC. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. My brother-in-law and his wife stayed on the 4th floor and stated the rooms were outdated and the floor was loud (the management switched their room to the 3rd floor the next day). My only small complaint would be that the free buffet breakfast was not as good in quality as some Holiday Inn Expresses where I have stayed. The sausage on the first morning had more of a keilbasa flavor and the sausage on the second morning was dry and cold. The staff was all very pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thanks for choosing our hotel and thanks for posting a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments about breakfast with our team. We always rely on guest comments such as yours to know where to look for improvement opportunities. I'm sorry your brother in law had to deal with some noisy neighbors on the first night and hope things got better after that. Give me a call if you're back in the area again and I can make sure to get you your favorite room on the third floor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Service was very friendly, greeted warmly. The rooms were very clean, fresh linens, comfortable bed. One of the best Hampton Inn hotels I've stayed in. I was given bottled water upon request without any hesitation. Even the staff working the noght-shift were friendly and attentive. The computers in the business center were newer, which was helpful. Excellent marks!

Room Tip: Breakfast is free, but don't expect much. It is typical breads, yogurt, cerial, oatmeal, waffle...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear BusinessEnthusiast,

Thanks so much for your review. Hearing words like "exceeded my expectations" really keeps us motivated to do even better, and I appreciate you going out of your way to recognize the great service attitude of our staff. Regarding the breakfast area, this is on our radar and we are going to put more energy into this area to see what improvements we can make. Thanks Again!
Torrington, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We pulled in after attempting to drive home (one hour away) during a terrible storm. The room was great, clean, comfy, modern. The staff were very nice and welcoming. The breakfast was great. The price was a little overboard but probably because of the storm and the hotel being almost full. Overall a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The king size bed was great and also had a chaise lounge with microwave and refrigerator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
So you joined us for what is becoming an annual Northeast tradition - our end of October storm! I'm glad you chose to take refuge with us for a night and hope you had power when you made it home! Thanks for the nice comments about our hotel and sharing with Trip Advisor. Although we didn't increase pricing because of the storm, I will say our pricing at our hotel and the area hotels tends to be higher midweek which is when the storm happened to hit. On weekends we are able to discount our rates quite a bit which can help the weekend travelers find a great bargain. Thanks again for your business, and hope to see you back again (without the hurricane next time)!
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stopped here for several nights while visiting Newtown, CT. Very nice hotel but the layout was a little inconvenient. Breakfast was downstairs and you had to go up a ramp to elevators. Location was great and staff was very helpful. Convenient to I84. Each night we had a bus load for different tours which made breakfast a little crowded. Great swimming pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review Califken. Thanks also for your compliment - I too think we're the best in Danbury - not that I'm biased :-). I agree the layout of our hotel is not typical of most Hampton Inns with the breakfast and meeting rooms downstairs. What I found interesting about the layout when I arrived here was how many great seating and lobby areas there were on the first two levels with comfortable seating and TVs, etc. This makes it conducive for guests looking to find a quiet corner or gather for a quick meeting.
MD USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hampton Inn Danbury is just what I expect from a Hampton Inn - clean and comfortable. Our family of four stayed there during a very busy weekend and found the visit wonderful. Breakfast had plenty of food and the room was large enough for two queen beds and a arm chair with ottoman. One of the reasons we often choose Hampton Inn is because we know their beds are comfortable. Hampton Inn Danbury was no exception. A good night's sleep was had by all!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for choosing our hotel and for your loyalty to the Hampton brand! I'm glad we were able to live up to your expectations and appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very pleased with this Hampton Inn. It is well appointed, extremely clean (ie, fresh duvets for every new guest) and the beds are really comfortable. It has a lovely pool, which is great for kids. Front desk staff was very accommodating. I gave it four instead of five stars because my only complaint was the buffet breakfast. We were there for a wedding and the hotel was full of wedding guests. Yet, the buffet staff seemed ill-prepared to handle all of the guests who showed up for breakfast. Not sure why, since they knew how many guests to expect. But they ran out of very basic things like coffee and forks. I think management should focus on this a little more. Otherwise, it is a terrific hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danbury, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I'm glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I also appreciate your candid comments about breakfast. It sounds like we had a staffing problem on the morning you were here. I will take your comments to heart and put some extra focus in this area - hopefully next time we can earn that "5"!
Crowley, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our fishing plans in the Poconos got derailed by rain, a cold front and husband's bad back, so we made last minute changes to our multi-state trip. We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn in Danbury. We paid more than what I like to pay, but making a last minute reservation, they didn't have any rooms available using my "points" or have rooms available with "AAA" discounts... (which not being able to honor AAA was a first for me). Hampton Inn has always proved to be a good safe choice for me; and this one did not disappoint. It was clean and comfortable and fairly quiet. Breakfast was a decent choice of omelets, hash browns, waffles, juices, etc. Recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review - and thanks for your loyalty to the Hampton brand! I'm sorry we didn't have the discounted rate on the evening you arrived. As you mentioned, it's actually fairly rare that we don't have the AAA rate available. If you have a chance to come back, let me know and I'll make sure you get that discount!

Been to Hampton Inn Danbury? Share your experiences!