“Great food and service - relaxed and friendly atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 229 Restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: American
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Great food and service - relaxed and friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Having taken a day off from work, my wife and I had the luxury of going out for breakfast. We had not been to JKs in years but remembered it fondly. We were greeted with friendly good mornings and seated at a roomy booth and brought cups of very good coffee right away. I ordered eggs over easy, home fries and toast and my wife ordered french toast and bacon. Both dishes were served in short order and were excellent traditional breakfasts. The servers were all vibrant, efficient and friendly. You could tell that many of the other patrons were regulars and all treated like one big extended family. We enjoyed our visit and definitely recommend JKs.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“I Would Drive For Days...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

...to have one of their hot dogs. Honestly the best Texas Hots I've ever had and I've traveled all over. The only problem is that this is one of those "cash only" joints, which I somehow forget a lot. With that said, JK's makes up for it by always being clean and the staff is always very friendly. Family owned and operated, so you see some familiar faces every time you go back. I don't think I've ever waited more than 10-15 minutes to get my meal...a delicious meal at that.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Danbury, Connecticut
“Old style service and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

we go here alot. we love it and feel so comfortable here, as does most of Danbury.

Visited May 2012
Lafayette, California
“Why did they change the Texas Hot Weiners?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I visited my home town last week and made my regular stop at JK's for "Original Texas Hot Weiners". We've been going there since the 50's (and even before that) for weiners. In all those years, the weiners tasted EXACTLY the same...until now. They still taste good, and if you are going for the first time, I still recommend them, BUT gone are the soft squishy rolls. The meat doesn't seem to have as much flavor and the texture seems softer, and the sauce seems to be subtly blander. The onions taste the same though. I asked other locals and they all said they weren't the same, yet the menu says they are still run by the same family. I know the economy has forced a lot of companies out of business. Maybe the original sources of their bread and meat have gone under. I'd hate to think someone changed the recipe on purpose. The locals I talked to say they just don't go there anymore because it's not the same. JK: Please Bring Back the Original THW!! And let us know when you do! I'll pay double for my old favorite!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Best hot dogs you'll ever have!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

This place is family run and it's incredible. It's the first hot dog I ever ate that didn't keep repeating on me. The bun is not your typical bun and it's very fresh. Make sure to have the onion rings with it as they are not oily and have a nice crispy batter.

Their breakfast menu is also top notch and the staff is very nice and definitely caters to their customers.

If I had to give you a negative, it would be at they are closed on Sunday.

Make sure to leave your credit card home as they don't accept them here. They have this bizarre debit card system however. You run your card through this thingamabob and enter the amount you want. It then prints a receipt that you bring to the register.

• Visited October 2011