“hope you can find it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Naples, Florida
“hope you can find it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I used to live on the same street. This is a small residential houses. All older houses and up the street was The Ghoulash Place it is part of their home! It is well worth it. What it lacks in ambience or atmosphere it makes up for it ten fold!

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

El Puerto de Santa Maria, Spain
“If you're not in a rush, and enjoy homey decor, this is a great restaurant with very delicious Hungarian food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Went to the military museum in Danbury (excellent!) and found this restaurant highly rated on Tripadvisor. At first we were hesitant since he restaurant seemed to be located in a residential area, but thoroughly enjoyed this little restaurant once we got inside! It was run entirely by the owner who has been in business at this location for 37 years. He was cook, waiter and dishwasher, which might explain why everything was at a more leisurely pace. We ate Hungarian Goulash (beef), Transylvanian Goulash (pork) and Stuffed Cabbage, and all three were different and all were wonderful! Prices were reasonable for the amount of food served. Casual dining and unpretentious. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

While in Danbury..we searched for a quiet little place for dinner...we are happy to have found The Goulash Place. The owner is such a delightful man...a native Hungarian gentleman..who does the cooking and service..and the reward is the most delicious Hungarian cuisine imaginable! We had the chicken paprikash and the goulash...Amazing!!! He is a wonderful cook..and is just a delight. Wonderful old world atmosphere.. a small and charming place .

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Danbury, Connecticut
“Hungry for Hungarian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I just got back from this place last night and couldn't wait to give it a 5 star review! I live literally only a mile or so down the road and have driven past here thousands of times, and I now very much regret never checking it out sooner. It is so cute inside, and there are actually a decent amount of tables. Nothing fancy, but its not shabby or dumpy at all. Very clean with Hungarian nick-nacks decorating the walls - again it looks cute, not tacky.

Our server was so friendly, and at the end of the night the owner/cook came out and was talking, he also is so friendly. We tried two European beers I've never had before and both were very good. The very inexpensive entree options come with salad bar and bread.

It did seem like the food took a little while to come out, but it makes sense. It's one guy making these home cooked meals. I was happy to wait. Once the food arrived we were blown away. I had beef goulash and my girlfriend pork and both were one of my favorite things I've ever eaten. Believe me it is amazing.

For dessert we shared an apricot crepe which was another new thing for me to try and this was also incredibly delicious.

I can't wait to go back and couldn't recommend this place any higher.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
“Wonderful Comfort Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Don't come here if you're looking for fancy ambiance, but if you want great, authentic Hungarian food, this is your place. Reasonably-priced, hearty goulash will warm you to your core on a rainy day.

Visited October 2012