“Not what it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 248 restaurants in Danbury
Cuisines: Chinese
Danbury, Connecticut
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

When we moved to the area ten years ago, we enjoyed coming to this place quite a bit. Lots of variety and a good price. We all had our favorites and it was a good experience for our family of five. Over the years, it switched hands and the quality has gone down the tubes. After the third underwhelming visit, we gave up.

Visited October 2012

45% Recommend
Putnam County, NY
“Terrific for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I eat lunch here at least 6 times a year with my friends; we all love this place! Lots of choices & variety, food is good. I especially like the hot & sour soup and the peanut chicken. The salad/fruit bar is well-stocked & there's a nice dessert selection. The price is really low for an all-you-can-eat buffet, at least for lunch on an ordinary day. I do understand that the prices are higher at night and on holidays, though. Personally, I think it's one of the better chinese places around.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redding, Connecticut, United States
“Love the varieties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

we are the regulars. have been coming to Union Buffet as long as I can remember. love the varieties of food served. My favorites: lightly breaded shrimps with salt pepper fried jalapenos. my husband likes hot and sour soup and the sushi bar. they're made fresh on the spot. different menu for dinners and weekend dinners. weekday lunch is also very good. for lunch i usually start with the assortments of fresh fruits and salad. i love the pan fried dumplings with sauce on the side. in overall a nice place to sit down and eat with the family.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Danbury, Connecticut
“In the mood for Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Our family has eaten here off and on for several years. It is the best Chinese food we have found in the area, but the quality varies. They used to have a nice selection of seafood, but that has dwindled. The salmon is usually delicious. There is a large selection of both Chinese dishes as well as some American food, fruit and desserts.

Visited May 2012
St Augustine
“20th anniversary new owners unfair sweepstakes ?????????”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I go to this Buffet about twice a week for the last eight years or so. Like the shrimp ad the broccoli chicken. They have a sign now saying you can enter a sweepstakes for gift cards if you spend like forty bucks at one pop. This is so unfair to all the regular customers. I guess the owners need to rperhaps understand the american culture a bit better. They are alienating all theur regular customers. HO HUM. By the way, my suggestion for their anniversary, is to give a gift card to everyone.

• Visited May 2012