“Unexpected service at a chain restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brewster, New York
“Unexpected service at a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went here because of a special promotion. When we did not see it, we asked and were told that it did not start yet. Our server went and spoke to the owner, who came out and spoke to us. Then she said she has what is needed and if we wanted it she would give it to us! I have never had a chain type restaurant go out of its way to honor a special promotion before. She than came over to check on us and to make sure we were happy and got what we wanted. A huge thank you to our server (Mary Ann) for going and speaking to the owner, and to the owner (Betsy) for making it happen. The only reason I gave the atmosphere 3 stars is because it is being renovated.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa
“Good appetizers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

situated next to the LaQuinta. We sat at the bar. The service was good and friendly. We had the chowder and the Trio. Bothwere very good.

“Underwhelmed by experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It must be a tough place to work in, staff were disinterested in customer, I stood waiting to be acknowledged for several minutes while a young lady sorted menus , when I was finally seated the waiter gave the impression he wished I would have gone elsewhere. Food service was slow, the food was ok but I felt I was an inconvenience rather than a customer. There is much better food and service elsewhere.

Pittsburgh
“Next to hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was in Danbury for a few days so I ate at the Outback 4 times during my stay. Twice I got food to go; just soup and salads. I had the steak and coconut shrimp which was very tasty then I had the same steak and grilled shrimp. All was very good but the grilled shrimp was a little spicy and thought it would not have any spices when I ordered it. Also, it was very cold in the restaurant the 2nd time I ate there which made it a little uncomfortable to enjoy my food. The staff is wonderful though.

Connecticut
“went downhill shame on Outback”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been going off and on for birthdays for years but they have really cut corners.
Food quality and value.Salads went to a smaller bowl/dish awful presentation and smaller portion size.the salad presentation and portion size when in years past were good.The steaks they changed what they are buying..lower spec/quality.Soup selection and quality high school trade school quality.....garlic mashed instant crap!Steaks came out NOT HOT! sent back came back no better.service wasn't up to standard.waitress couldn't handle tables.Appetizers avocado crab taste less using frozen avocado and cheap backfin. Artichoke dip like microwave quality and tortilla chips were sub par....Step up Corporate you'll lose more $ and customers by lack of quality!!!...Happy Birthdays elsewhere in the future...shame...Go Longhorn or your local Steakhouse

• Visited August 2013